Chapter 37 | more than intended

You saw a man dressed in all black from afar. He looked like he was waiting for someone as he gently swung a laptop bag back and forth.

You stopped at the red light and rolled down your window.

"Channie!" You pulled your mask down to show your face. The confused man looked around until he met your eyes. He quickly looked left and right before running towards you, walking around the front of your car to slip into your right.

He barely got comfy when you had to go, hastily clicking in his seatbelt. Chan placed a drink into the cup holder and put his laptop bag by his feet.

"There's a Lotte Mart at Lotte world mall. It's only 10 minutes away." You stopped at the next red light while informing your new passenger. As soon as you put your hand-break on, you kissed his cheek. You stayed and waited for him to turn and return the kiss. He did, this time on the lips.

"I missed you princess." He kissed you again. You smiled at the pet name.

"I think you're the princess now, passenger princess." You slowly followed the car in front. Chan smiled at you, admiring your graceful driving skills.

"I did offer to drive." He laid a hand on your thigh which you held for a brief second.

"You can on the way back if you're desperate." You looked into the interior mirror where you met his eyes.

"Of course, I have to redeem myself." He gave you a cheeky grin. Eyes turning into half moons.

You giggled at his cuteness.

"I missed you too." You picked up his hand from your thigh and kissed the back of it. Eyes glued to the road.

"Hey that's my thing!" He blushed so hard, not expecting you to uno reverse him like that.

The rest of the ride was filled with Chan telling you about the songs he wrote. He also told you about a world tour they have planned under the name of their upcoming title track.

You parked up close to the entrance of the shopping centre for easy access. It was quite given the time of night on a weekday. Chan walked to you and enveloped you into a hug.

"You smell nice." He buried his head in the crook of your neck. You wrapped your arms around his broad frame.

"You smell nice too." He giggled at your reply and took your hand in his. He took a hold of your empty shopping bags and tossed them into a trolly. He started pushing the trolly down, as you followed by his side. You two stood still as the long escalator took you down to the shopping area.

"How long would it be for?" You stood between him and the trolly, forcing him to looking into your eyes. You tried your best to mask the slight hint of disappointment in your eyes from the thought of Chan leaving for a while. But he did indeed catch your speck of worry.

"It's all planned out. I'll give you the exact dates, my love." His eyes softened at your sight, he placed his hands under your jacket, on your waist. You felt his left hand found its way under your layers, his thumb stroking your bare skin.

You hummed and held his comforting hand until he needed both to steer the trolly.

"Besides chicken, what would you like for dinner?" You took some banana milk from the shelf as did Chan. He also grabbed some butter.

You left him to think for a moment while you took a large tub of Greek yogurt, pointing it to him as well. He shook his head to your offer. You took some strawberries and grapes too, you grabbed another pack of each as they're in season now.

"I miss your Doenjiang jigae. (Soybean paste soup)" He sheepishly grinned, you returned the look and grabbed some Korean radish, spring onions, cucumber, salad mixes and a tub of kimchi.