Chapter 11 | Exposure

9th November 2017

You wailed at the pain coming from you neck, you shouldn't have slept on the sofa after watching the latest drama last night. That's the price to pay of being lazy and not walking to your bed.

You grabbed your laptop and notebook and left to the company. It was a casual day today, composing and vocal lessons.

You sat in one of the recording rooms and spun around in your chair while sipping your iced americano.

——————
"Ahhhhh" you ruffled your hair and spun around. For the pass hour nothing has come in to mind except a few modifications with your previous tracks

You took out your phone to see if there were any notifications.

Changbin- JYP
Hey, we have a busking event, come and support us if you have time. You don't have to come, just swing by if you're bored.
Sinchon Genie Music Street 6pm

You smiled to yourself, maybe some inspiration outside the company would help.

You stood up from the chair and walked around the room, trying to get your thoughts together.

How was your family back in England... haven't seen them in a good while. Your parents send in letters and packages from time to time but still haven't seen them in person for a few years.

Stray Kids... you're sure Minho and Felix will have a comeback, it's a gut feeling but you just know it.

Hyunjin... Hyunjinnie... you missed goofing around with your best 00liner friend. Randomly dancing around in the practise room, his kind gestures...

But then there's Chan that has a clearer image... The Australian that went through all your ups and downs during these 8 years in JYP. Your favourite oppa, he watched over you like an older brother, seeing you improve everyday, influencing each other. He's seen your worst while you've seen his, he's more than important to you.

But, you have never imagined him to be that person playing that role. It just doesn't seem right, does it? You guys were comfortable with hugs and skinship, but anything beyond... you just can't visualise it, nor with the other members.

Even so, you can't deny the fact that you adore him, you want to follow his steps. Like a shadow. Is that so called love?

An idea popped in your brain,

You opened your laptop and typed out sentences in the notepad

Song Topic:
Figuring this out
Feelings?

Keywords:
love
adore
worth
before it's too late
Hope

You lounged around the recording room and Santa few covers.

You had your headphones on full, blasting the track and the microphone connected to your laptop.

"Remind her how it used to be, be
Yeah, with pictures in frames of kisses on cheeks, cheeks
Tell her how you must've lost your mind
When you left her all alone and never told her why, why
And that's how it works
That's how you lost the girl

And now you say
I want you for worse or for better
I would wait for ever and ever
Broke your heart, I'll put it back together
I would wait for ever and ever
And that's how it works
It's how you get the girl, girl, oh
And that's how it works
It's how you get the girl, girl, yeah

And you could know, oh
That I don't want you to go"

You were so immersed with the song that you didn't notice someone sitting opposite you until you finished this part of the song