chapter two

sunday was for family activities. usually movies and dinner, or outings together, but today their mom just made a big breakfast as well as a pretty big dinner.

and now we were back to monday, which was pretty similar every time. she wore some sweat pants and short sleeve shirt, tucking a black zip up into her back pack just in case she got cold.

she always dropped her sister off for her parents as she had to pass madeline's school to get to hers. she walked in and found eryn pretty quickly and they walked to their first class together.

"oh, sorry." mackenzie said as she knocked over someone's notebook while walking passed. she squatted down and picked up the note book, placing it back on the man's desk.

"thanks." he sounded grumpy, but she still flashed a small smile and walked after eryn. she sat in her normal seat and unpacked her computer and notebook. while waiting for the teacher her eyes shifted back to the boy she encountered earlier.

she never really noticed the boy was in the class. she'd seen him before around campus but she was never really interested. his friend group was mainly jocks. loud, obnoxious and somewhat popular. popular to the girls of the campus.

the boys could be seen as handsome, but not to mackenzie. mackenzie didn't really find anyone attractive enough to take up some of her time.
~~~
later in the day she noticed the boy again. he was a lot taller than she imagined, a couple inches taller than her. his eyes were also pretty, a very light, pretty blueish grey. she blushed when she was caught staring, looking away and back to eryn.

"where are we getting lunch for today?" they usually went to pick up something for lunch and they'd eat it in the car.

"i don't mind.. don't really have a taste for anything." mackenzie said while watching the light hair boy walk passed. his smile was so nice, and his teeth were straight and white.

"who are you looking at." eryn said while scanning the hallway.

"nobody." she said and walked ahead of him, unlocking her car.

"nobody." he teased back and climbed into the passenger seat.
~~~
the rest of the day that boy was on her mind. it was really unusual to her but she pushed it to the back of her head and started on her essay.

it was a week later when the two bumped into each other again, like quite literally bumped into each other.

"fuck." he grumbled, going for the air pod that fell out of his ear.

"i'm really sorry i wa-"

"you should really pay attention to where you are going, shorty." she smiled back at him, helping him pick up his scattered papers.

"i will make sure to pay more attention." she said with a smile and handed him the papers that were in her hand. she walked off to her class but soon felt a hand on her shoulder.

"what was that?" eryn smiled, walking with her.

"oh, i just bumped into him on accident." she smiled, but eryn wasn't happy with that answer.

"what's with this blush." he teased, softly tapping her cheeks.

"quit it." she giggled and walked to her seat.

"think he's handsome?" he pushed more while sitting besides her with his full attention on her.

"well... i mean he's pretty." eryn smiled, satisfied, and began pulling out his computer. mackenzie noticed when he walked in the classroom as the girls began murmuring to their friends.

the class started as it usually did, except today they had a project to complete. and like any other teacher, he picked the teams. you'd always find one teacher that was completely chill and let you pick who you sat by and who you partnered up with, but not mr brown.

"the teams are on the chalkboard to the left, whenever you all are ready go ahead and split off with your partner." he pointed to the chalkboard. everyone practically turned to look at the list of names and light mutters filled the class.

"look at that." eryn smiled while passing mackenzie's name.

"yeah." she grumbled, tucking her stuff in her book bag and turned to find the boy she'd been bumping into, now she knew him as nixon and not just the boy she bumped into in the hallways.

"i'll meet you at lunch?" eryn asked while standing, to which mackenzie nodded. she stood and walked to him but his group of friends were surrounding him so she just stood patiently.

"oh, are you mackenzie?" a dark haired boy asked while noticing her.

"yeah." she said shyly. the boys were very intimidating, all taller and looked like they could be 26.

"oh, sorry." the black haired man smiled and stepped away from the empty seat, pulling it out for her to sit down. she smiled and rested her back pack in her lap and sat in the seat, flashing the boy behind him a smile.

"thanks." she said to his friend before they all walked away.

"should we get started?" she asked the man that just pulled out his phone. she sighed, knowing she was most likely going to be the one to do this project and get half of the credit. she slung her backpack over her shoulder and walked up to the teachers desk.

"could i-... we, go to the library?" she rested her hands on the cool wood of his desk.

"of course, have at it." mackenzie smiled and turned back to find nixon.

"cmon." she said while picking up his backpack. he glanced at her and groaned.

"oh shut it you can scroll instagram in the library." she walked away with his bag which made him follow with a groan.

"here." she said while handing his bag back and continued walking to the library.

"my friends are coming." he said as they sat at a table. she shrugged and moved to a different table.

"i figured." she un packed her computer and went off to find a book that fit their project.