chapter twenty

things weren't as awkward as she thought they would be, she thought he would only want that from her now. but really he was the same old nixon that loved taking her out on dates and cuddle all day long on the weekends.

halloween was rolling around quickly. nixon and mackenzie planned to take their little sisters out trick or treating for their parents. usually mackenzie didn't like to take madeline out alone because of how many creeps with bad intentions could be lurking around. but nixon assured her and her parents that he'd keep them all safe.

"you guys be safe, home by 8:30." their dad said while waving to mackenzie and madeline.

"you two look pretty." mackenzie was dressed as princess belle and madeline was princess anna. mackenzie's costume was simple but got the point across, a yellow off the shoulder dress with some yellow earrings and white vans. as much as madeline wanted her to go all out with the actual princess dress, it wasn't very comfortable to walk in.

"oh! you're tinker bell." madeline smiled at naomi. nixon smiled at the two and reached for his little sisters hand.

"and you're peter pan." mackenzie said while poking nixon in the back. he looked over his shoulder and smiled warmly. nixon reached for the extra bag mackenzie held and tucked it in his pocket along with the pillow case he had for naomi.

"nix i want to get a lot of candy." she said while looking up at her brother. he smiled and reached his other hand out for mackenzie.

"nix is cute." mackenzie whispered to the brunette, kissing his cheek.
~~~~
later in the night as their pillow cases got too heavy to carry they headed back to mackenzie's house. the girls begged to spend the night together and nixons parents already agreed.

"nixon." madeline whined, tugging his hand.

"yes." he cooed.

"can you pick me up, my feet hurt." he smiled and scooped her up, carrying her on his hip.

"weren't you the one that insisted on going to four more houses?" he asked jokingly, taking his sisters hand back into his. he looked over to mackenzie and smiled.

"you alright?" he asked, to which she smiled and nodded. when they arrived home mackenzie's parents had already made dinner and were simply watching a movie on the couch.

"mommy we got lots of candy." madeline said while climbing on the couch besides her parents.

"i'll be back, i have to run and get us some pajamas." he pressed a kiss to mackenzies cheek before grabbing his keys from the table.

"do you want anything else from our house?" he asked naomi while helping her let her hair out of the bun. she shook her head and ran to sit with madeline, looking into her pillow case that was full of candy.
~~
when he arrived back to mackenzies, madeline and naomi had already had dinner, watching coraline in maddy's room while mackenzie showered.

"cmon, ill show you the bathroom." madeline said while reaching for naomi's hand. he handed his sister her pajamas before walking to mackenzie's room and knocked on her door, seeing her peak her head out a few seconds later.

"no way." she smiled after noticing that he was wearing their matching pajamas.

"what?" he laughed softly, following her to the bathroom to see she had the same pajamas neatly folded on the sink. he watched as she let the towel fall from around her chest, hanging it on the hook behind the door. he hadn't seen her fully naked before and it made his cheeks hot. she noticed him looking but didn't say much, only continued what she was doing.

"tonight was great, thanks for keeping us safe." she smiled after pulling on her underwear, walking to press a kiss to his cheek. his hand snaked around her hips and gently held her to his body.

"you are fucking beautiful." he groaned, tilting her head up and pressed their lips together. her arms slipped up his hoodie and held his hips, pulling him closer. the feeling of their warm bodies pushed together was something mackenzie wanted to feel more of.

"as much as i want to... we can't." she muttered, her eyes closed softly.

"i know baby... i wasn't going to go any further." she smiled and ran her nails down his skin, turning to finish getting dressed.

"did you have dinner." she asked while putting lotion on her face.

"not yet, but i'll eat a little later." nixon said while sitting on the edge of the bed.

"you aren't hungry?" mackenzie asked, walking into her bedroom to put her dress back in the closet.

"not really.. did naomi eat?" mackenzie nodded while climbing into his lap, frowning at his soft grunt.

"sorry." he muttered, lifting her up off of his lap. she smiled and pulled him to lay down, pressing their lips together for a soft kiss.

"it's okay, should we find a movie to watch?" she rolled out of his grip to grab the tv remote. he pulled her body back to his and nuzzled his head into her neck.

"how about you find something and i go check on the girls.. i know naomi doesn't do too well in new places." she smiled and let go of him.

"you're the sweetest." he pressed their lips together before climbing out of bed.

"i'll be right back." he said before closing the door behind him. she found the adams family movie and got on her phone while waiting for him to come back. when he did he had a plate of food and a bottle of water tucked in his arm.

"i hope it's okay that i told naomi she could sleep with us if she had trouble falling asleep." mackenzie smiled and lifted the blankets up for him to slide under.

"that's okay." she hummed, playing the movie she picked out. he lifted his plate for her to lay in his lap, her arms wrapped around his back.

"want some?" he asked, softly rubbing his fingers through her hair.

"no thank you." she said without looking up at him, immersed in her movie.