chapter eight

the rest of the day mackenzie pretty much ignored eryn messages. she was a little upset with the way he was acting. he seemed jealous in a way. she knew he had no interest in her, being that he was gay, but it was still odd to see him act like this. nixon was pretty much the only other person mackenzie would talk to so she was just a little confused with how he was acting, not so much upset.

but she was dramatic, so she was going to drag it out until he said sorry. she slept pretty peacefully and saw some omelets on the warmer for her and maddy the next morning. she went back upstairs to wake up her sister. she always waited as long as possible before waking her up as she knew madeline wasn't a morning person at all.

"oh, you're up early." she smiled at her sister who was already sat up rubbing her eyes.

"mhm, it was scary in here.. my light not workin." she pointed to the night light that was normally glowing blue but was either switched off or out of power.

"oh no, should we look for a new one after school?" mackenzie said while picking her up, softly brushing her fingers through the girls messy hair.

"yeah, i want the one that goes up their." she pointed to the ceiling. mackenzie knew what she was talking about as it was one they looked at a few months back but she said she didn't want it because she had the plug in light.

"okay, we could get you one of those.. brush your teeth, we got to get going soon." their mornings were always pretty similar. mackenzie would do madeline's hair while she brushed her teeth then they picked out an outfit that she wanted to wear. sometimes mackenzie wished they just wore uniforms with how picky madeleine was.

today though she settled on the first thing they picked out and she got dressed while mackenzie packed up her homework and put her omelet on a plate.

eventually they were off to school like every other morning, but what was different from any other day was she wasn't walking in with eryn. was this her fault, yeah.. was she going to let go of her grudge, no...

"good morning." eryn said cheerfully, placing his arm over her shoulder. she shrugged him off and continued walking to class.

"uhm, mack." he said with a soft chuckle, but she again ignored him and sat in her seat.

"look if this is about yesterday i know what i said was screwed up.. and i shouldn't dictate who you're interested in, like i said i just don't want him to take advantage of you." she glanced over to him.

"yeah, it's fine." he smiled when she did and watched nixon walk in and give a soft wave. she smiled and waved back, watching his dark haired friend walk to her.

"so, you're the one that's taking nixon from us." he smiled, to which she sorta just blushed awkwardly, turning to look at eryn.

"good morning, sorry." nixon smiled and gripped tyler's arm, practically dragging him away. she smiled and began working on something she didn't complete last night.

today they stayed on campus. nixon, tyler, mackenzie and eryn went to the library to finish off the last of his missing assignments. tyler didn't necessarily want to be there but he went just for the fun of it.

"you actually like being in here?" tyler asked mackenzie, who just shrugged.

"i mean, sometimes.. it's nice and quiet." he smiled and looked at nixon.

"you really like miss goody two shoes?" eryns eyes went wide hearing this, softly nudging mackenzie with his foot.

"would you shut up." nixon grumbled. tyler smirked and crossed his arms while unlocking his phone. eventually nixon and mackenzie did fall into their little study session until lunch was over, which meant tyler and eryn had to go to class.

"i'm throwing a party tomorrow, so if you guys want to come you can... i guess." tyler said before walking out of the library.

"i told him you don't party." nixon laughed softly, but eryn shrugged.

"i'll go." mackenzie thought for a second before shrugging. she felt safe going if eryn went.

"yeah, i will too." nixon smiled at mackenzie.

"you will?" she nodded.

"yeah, if eryn goes i'll go." she blushed after noticing his gaze on her. eryn walked out of the library which left the two alone, awkwardly glancing at each other then darting their eyes away when they were caught.

she looked to him as she noticed him standing. before she knew it his lips were on hers. she froze in shook, her hands softly gripping the sleeve of his jacket. he pulled away after noticing her hesitation, gazing into her eyes.

"i'm sorry." she muttered, pulling away from him more. he kneeled down in front of her, pushing his hair out of his face.

"no, i'm sorry.. i should have asked." she nodded softly in agreeance. she furrowed her eyebrows before sliding her hand between his.

"we can forget all about this if you want.. it was really stupi-"

"no." she cut him off, finally seeing his eyes look up.

"i was just scared, i think.. it's okay."

"scared?" nixon asked curiously, holding her other hand. she blushed out of embarrassment.

"that was, uhm.. my first kiss." she chuckled softly at the shock on his face.

"yeah, 19 and never kissed anybody." he shook his softly.

"no no it's not that... it's just, kinda a shitty way of having a first kiss." he smiled softly.

"can i make it, more memorable?" his hand cupped her cheek. she nodded slowly, curiously.

"yes please." she whispered, resting her hand on top of his. he pulled her closer to him, slowly letting their lips meet. this time he felt she was less hesitant, softly pushing against his lips with a soft hum. his other hand moved to rest around her hip and softly massaged her body. she was first to pull way, panting softly while looking into his eyes.

"i didn't think i'd be kissing, you of all people in the back of the library." he scoffed and climbed back into his seat.

"you of all people.. what does that mean?" she smiled softly.

"well, i mean we're so different.. honestly i didn't even see us talking, like ever." nixon shrugged while putting his stuff in his back pack.

"yeah, me neither... shall we go get some lunch?" mackenzie smiled and began packing up her stuff as well.