chapter thirteen

the next day she walked into the lunch room and smiled at the sight of nixon. she's never been happier to be in the lunch room. eryn sat on the opposite side of her, immediately noticing the bruising on his knuckles.

"get in a fight?" he asked, gesturing to his hands. he rested them in his lap and that's when mackenzie noticed it.

"what happened?" she asked, glancing around the table for an answer.

"jack is what happened." tyler muttered, not taking his eyes off of his tray.

"tyler." nixon groaned, looking over at mackenzie.

"look, he knows that we're..." he paused. technically they weren't together, but he'd be damned if he let anyone else get with her.

"i feel like he had bad intentions... wether it was to get to you or to get at me, i don't like whatever he had planned." eryn smiled at the boy. he felt like nixon really did care about mackenzie.

"so you did what, exactly?" she asked with crossed arms, getting no answer in return.

"nixon." she groaned, pulling his head to rest on her shoulder.

"you don't have to fight over me, i'd actually rather you not." he scoffed.

"mackenzie i'm not just going to let him take advantage of your kindness." his arms wrapped around her, his head tucked in her shoulder.

"get a room." emily scoffed, making nixon sit up from mackenzie's shoulder. he scoffed and stood from his seat, reaching his hand out for her hand.

"shall we?" he smiled, grabbing her hand and leading her away from the table. eryn smirked at mackenzie when she looked at him in confusion.

"where are you taking me?" she asked, being walked towards the empty class rooms.

"shh." he whispered, pulling her into the room and pushed her against the closed door. she gasped as he pushed their lips together, resting her hands on his chest.

"nixon we can't do this here." she was able to mutter out. his breathing was rough against her lips, his eyes closed softly.

"says who... there's no cameras back here, no one will even know." he smiled and pressed their lips back together. she whined against his lips, gripping his shirt roughly in her hands.

"want me to stop?" he asked for reassurance, feeling her grip on his arms.

"no, i just feel.. tingly." she said while crossing her legs. he smiled and picked her up, letting her back stay pushed against the door.

"oh do you?" he smirked, moving his kisses to her neck. he knew why she was tingly, but it was funny to see how confused she was.

"nixon." she whined again, squeezing her thighs against his hips. he pulled away from her neck and let their eyes meet in the darkness of the classroom.

"i can't help you here, but i can this weekend okay?" she groaned.

"so what am i supposed to do?" he smiled and pecked her cheek.

"nothing, i will explain everything over the weekend... i just don't want to do anything to you and you don't have an understanding of what i'm doing... and i don't really have much time to explain." mackenzie nodded softly and felt him leaning down to place her back on the floor.

"i promise i'll make it up to you." he said while pressing their lips back together. she smiled and held his hand as he lead them back to the cafeteria, helping her back into her seat.

"wow, you know maybe he isn't the one." eryn said to mackenzie, making nixon look over to him.

"what?" he asked with shock.

"you two were gone for five minutes and you had enough time to finish? and, hopefully... make her finish" he scoffed.

"no, eryn.. we didn't do that, nobody finished." he rolled his eyes at the redhead and looked over to mackenzie, who was just looking down at her lap.

"are you alright?" he whispered to her, resting his hands on her thighs.

"yeah, i'm okay." she smiled up at him, kissing his cheek. lunch went on with many questions passed between the table. after lunch they decided to just chill in his car but that eventually turned into skipping their last period. he drove to his house and grabbed her backpack for her, opening her door then rushed to open the front door.

"you have a nice house." she smiled, hugging onto his arm.

"thanks.. 100 precent my parents doing," she laughed softly and followed him up to his room.

"so, this is my room... it's messy, i wasn't expecting to have company." he laughed and sat on his bed. his room wasn't any messier than a typical persons room. his bed was just unmade and he had a few clothing items littering the floor.

"it's not even that bad." she smiled, climbing into his lap. he gently pushed the hair off of her shoulder, noticing the mark he left on her neck. he brushed his finger over it, feeling her hand grip his wrist softly.

"i'm sorry, i didn't mean to." he said while looking up at her. she smiled softly and kissed his forehead, laying her head on his shoulder.

"i like it, i feel like you.. everyone knows that i'm yours." he smiled, rubbing her back.

"you are mine, princess... i think it's time i make it official." he softly sat her head up and kissed her cheek.

"will you be my girlfriend, mackenzie ray?" she smiled widely, cupping his cheeks.

"yes!" she said excitedly and pressed their lips together. nixon hugged onto the girl, rocking their bodies softly.

"i know it might be a little early, but i really don't want to miss my chance." she giggled.

"miss your chance to who? jack?" nixon pulled away from her shoulder, eyebrows furrowed.

"too soon?" she smiled warmly.

"too soon." he said with a soft chuckle, laying back on her shoulder.