chapter ten

being that eryn was staying over she just texted nixon. he ended up leaving the party a little bit after them due to nicole. he wasn't sure how to tell her to stop without being a dick but really he was feeling like that was his only way

"still talking to nixon?" eryn asked after he went downstairs to get them a few snacks.

"yeah, he's telling me about nicole." eryn scoffed softly.

"what the fuck is her problem?" mackenzie laughed softly and sat up from her pillows, taking the drink he was handing her.

"apparently they had a one night stand and now she won't leave him alone.. she thinks that they both have feelings for each other..." she stopped to take a drink.

"but really he was drunk and barely even remembers what happened... he only remembers because of tyler telling him." eryn hummed.

"so she assaulted him while he was drunk and now she won't let go of him?" mackenzie shrugged softly.

"he said he doesn't think it was assault... he just can't remember it." her door was pushed open and madeline walked in, smiling at the sight of eryn.

"do you want to see my new teddy bear?" eryn smiled and followed madeleine to her room. they were gone for a few minutes before they returned and both climbed back on her bed.

"how much was that thing?" he asked mackenzie with a soft chuckle.

"thirty bucks." she said, still in disbelief that a teddy bear could cost that much. they all cuddled up and watched a movie, specifically the little mermaid per request of madeline.
~~~
sunday mackenzie's parents were home so she decided to meet up with nixon. he'd asked to take her to lunch on saturday but she was with eryn and madeline. she got dressed in a simple white, ruffled dress and some white vans. she saw him pull into her driveway so she said goodbye to her parents and madeline before opening the door.

"hi." he smiled, looking over her outfit.

"you look pretty." he said softly while watching her lock the door.

"thank you." she smiled, taking his hand. he pulled open the passanger door and helped her in before rushing back to the drivers side, she giggled at his little jog while doing so.

"i'm not too sure what you like to eat yet, so.. where do you want to go?" mackenzie looked over his outfit and smiled. normally he was dressed in sweat pants and a sweatshirt or t-shirt but today he wore jeans and a button up shirt.

"oh, uhm.. we could go to red robin." he glanced to her and smiled.

"sounds good to me." the drive was quiet other than the music that played on the radio. soon they arrived and he again rushed to open her door.

"thank you kind sir." she said jokingly, smiling at the pink that fell over his cheeks. the two walked into the restaurant and got a table, ordering drinks before they began talking.

"it's nice to not have to study to see you." nixon said while gazing at her. mackenzie smiled.

"what, am i not a good teacher?" he shrugged.

"i didn't say that.. i just don't like school, you know?" she shook her head with a small smile.

"i enjoy school." he just smiled at her. he seemed puzzled about something for a few seconds before talking.

"i was wondering what else you haven't done that most people have." she blushed out embarrassment.

"everything.. never had a boyfriend, or sex.. ive never smoked, or drink.. i haven't even really interacted with a guy other than eryn and whoever i'm partnered with in school." his eyes were wide but eventually he just smiled.

"boring boring girl." he muttered while sliding his drink to himself.

"i want to experience.. some of those things, but i just never really have the time to i guess." nixon smiled at her.

"we could make some time to experience those things."

"yeah but that would be boring for you, you've already done all of these things." he scoffed.

"what makes you so sure?" his eyebrow was raised. she shrugged and stayed pretty quiet, taking a sip from her drink.

"well, i don't think it'll be boring." he reassured. they didn't know if they were going to be together in the end. but they did both know they had some kind of feelings for each other. feelings they didn't necessarily want to give up on. they sat in comfortable silence until their food came.

"can i try that?" she asked, gesturing to his burger. she was a simple eater, usually settling on chicken tenders and was satisfied every time. really she just didn't want to risk getting something she didn't like.

"yeah." he smiled and pushed his plate to her, taking a piece of her chicken tender.

"you like it?" he asked, to which she shrugged.

"it's okay." she pushed his plate back to him.
~~~~
after lunch they walked around the shopping center they were in for a while before he decided it was time to get her home. it's was 7:45 when he pulled into her driveway, getting out to walk her to the door.

"i had fun today." she smiled while unlocking her door.

"i did too." she spun around to take her takeout box.

"have a good night, text me when you get home safe." she said while leaning forwards to kiss his cheek. he smiled and walked back to his car, waving to her before backing out of the driveway. she smiled and stepped back into the house, feeling her sister hugging onto her.

"is dat your boyfriend?" she asked with a giggle. mackenzie blushed and rubbed her sisters back.

"uhm no, that's not my boyfriend... just a friend." madeline followed mackenzie up to her room.

"can he come over for dinner like eryn does?" mackenzie shrugged.

"i'm not sure maddy, we've got to ask mom and dad." she placed her purse on her bed and her takeout box on the desk.

"can i ask them?" mackenzie pulled out some pajamas.

"how about you just get comfy and turn on a movie for us to watch when i finish in the shower." madeline smiled and climbed into mackenzie's bed.

"can i sleep in here tonight?" she shrugged while grabbing her towel from the back of the door.

"yeah, sure." she walked into the bathroom and turned on the shower.

her first everything On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara