Chapter Nine.

Nightmares That Would Never Go Away {Part Two}

Both Imran and Ayra run out of their apartment, but Imran turns to stop his daughter because it might not be something for someone like her to see.

But she was adamant about going and to see what was happening to Shyra who has been nothing but kind to her.

"Dad, no. Let's go and see what's wrong with her. And you know that she isn't your non mahram, right?" Ayra asks him. This surprises Imran as he does not know what to say other than to let her go with her to Shyra's apartment.

As they walked out of their apartment what surprised them was the fact that Shyra's apartment door was locked.

Imran knocked on the door hoping that Shyra might open the door.

"Dad, can I try?" Ayra asked her father who moved away from the door so that she could give it a try.

"Shy, it's me Ayra. Could you please open the door?" She politely asks waiting patiently for Shyra to open the door. But she didn't open it so Ayra turned the door to their surprise it opened.

"Wait, I will walk in first," Imran says to his daughter who nods and lets him go inside the apartment only to find nothing wrong with it.

Imran knew that something was wrong in Shyra's bedroom but now he knew what his daughter was talking about. This was the time that he would need her help.

"Why does this keep happening to me? Why did I do wrong?" they heard Shyra yelling in the room. And then they heard things being thrown around and they quickly rushed to where the bedroom was.

Imran opened the door to find a figure who was at the corner of the room shaking and holding her head.

"Shy, it's me Ayra, and my Dad. We are here for you," Ayra says trying to approach her.

She looked at her Dad who nodded and gave her the go-ahead for her to move forward.

Ayra kneeled in front of Shyra and put her hand on her shoulder and then sat beside her.

"Do you need a hug?" Ayra asks making Shyra look at her dad and her with a tear-stricken face. "Dad won't hug you, I will," she added giving her a small smile.

Ayra moved closer to Shyra and wrapped her arms around her. This made Shyra feel calm and relaxed while letting Ayra hug her.

This moment surprised Imran, he couldn't help but feel proud of her. She might be eight almost nine years old but she is more mature than any other child of her age.

After a few minutes, Shyra started to relax and this is when Imran went to grab the first aid kit to bandage her ankle as it looked swollen.

"Shyra, we need to look at your ankle before it gets bad," Imran asks her while showing her the box he had in his hands. "Ayra would stay right there while I take care of your ankle if you let me," he added making ease the nervousness of Shyra.

Shyra nodded making Imran kneel in front of her while Ayra was by her side. She was holding Arya's hand while her father started inspecting her ankle.

Imran was almost done with dressing Shyra's ankle. And then he moved away from her to give her space to move her leg.

"Shyra, are you alright?" Ayra asks her while still holding her hand.

"I...I don't think I will ever be..."

"You will be with the right help. Dad and Papa will help you, right dad?"Ayra says while looking at her father. "They will help you when you are ready for it. No one would force you to get help but we are here if you need it," she added giving a small smile to Shyra.