Chapter Twenty-four

Imran's Story

Everyone has a story to tell but what if their story doesn't have an ending that everyone expected?

Imran always wanted to tell Shyra about his life before and after he had gotten custody of Ayra especially when he wanted her to feel that she wasn't alone anymore.

Imran even wanted to tell her about what happened that night of the event. But first, he needed his father's advice before talking to Shyra about anything that had to do with Samir's life.

Thankfully, it was the weekend so all of them were at home along with Shyra even though she didn't want to be a burden to them. But she also didn't want to hurt Ayra's feelings by leaving so she stayed.

Imran walked toward his father's office to wait for him there as it would provide privacy for their conversation. He knew that his father would always go to his office to check on his emails before starting his weekend spending with his mother.

Imran waited for him at the door and in about five minutes he heard footsteps approaching him.

"Asalam Aliekum, Imran. What are you doing here?" His father asks opening the door and letting him inside the office.

"Waleikum Salaam, Dad. I need your advice on a few things about Shyra. And no, it isn't what Ayra told you, it is about something that I found during the event," Imran explained to his father. "It is about Samir who is Shyra's childhood friend and one looking for her," he added surprising his father.

"Okay but what do you mean that this is about Samir? And how do you know about him?" He asked taking a sit on his chair.

Imran sat down and started explaining everything that he knew about Samir. He explained to him that Shyra told him who he was and how he was looking for her.

"I saw him, Dad. I saw him at the event. He is married and I met his wife..."

"How do you know that she is his wife? She might be just a friend or a colleague..."

"I bumped into her and apologized to them. I told him that I didnt see his wife butbeforee he could say anything else, she dragged him away from me before he could finish," Imran explained to his father.

"But did he say that she is his wife?..."

"Now you mentioned it, I didn't hear him say it, it was only her. But what does that mean, Dad?" Imran asks his father.

"Brcause, son. There are two sides of a story. The right one and the fabricated one. She might be lying and they arent married or he doesn't want anyone to know about their marriage," his father explained making Imran think of the situation that night.

Imran remembered Samir hugging her like she was more than his friend because in Islam it isn't allowed for a man and a woman to interact the way they did.

"But Dad, the way he hugged her, it was like they were more than friends..."

"I understand that Imran but I know you, my son. And I know that you would want to do the right thing and tell Shyra about it, is that right?" His father asks him.

"Yes, I do but I also don't want to hurt her, and if I don't tell her then she might get angry at me because it will seem like I am hiding this piece of information from her. I don't know what to do, Dad," Imran says to him.

Dr. Saalim knew about his feelings for Shyra and also that he didn't want to hurt her with the information about Samir.

"All I can tell you is that you should tell her because as you said if she knew that you knew before her, she would get angry at you. Tell her as someone who cares for her. And then let her decide what she wants in her life and future, okay?" He advised his son who nodded.