Chapter Twenty-three

The First Meeting Between Imran & Samir.

It has been almost a month since they both graduated and working together. Shyra always kept her distance from her male co-workers because she couldn't trust anyone as she did Imran and his family.

This coming weekend Shyra was invited by Dania and Ayra for dinner and a sleepover because they didn't want her to feel alone.

Shyra knew that there would be an event for the company's staff to attend but she was given a pass because Dr. Saalim knew it would be hard for her to meet and greet strangers especially when he didn't want her to have a setback.

And the one who will be attending it would be Imran as he was the CEO of the company.

"Dad, dont wear that, wear this one," Ayra tells her father holding up a white shirt and a black blazer. "It matches with the trousers that are in the cupboard. And it will make you stand out in a good way," she added smiling at him.

Imran looked at his daughter who had a cheeky grin on her face and he immediately knew that she was up to something.

"What are you up to?" He asked her as he took the shirt and the blazer from her. "And dont lie as it is a sin," he added when she opened her mouth to answer him.

"I am not planning anything except that if you don't hurry, I will have to go with Shyra and Raya to Papa and Nana's place. And I know that you would look handsome wearing what I gave you," Ayra tells her father who just shook his head at her. "And I know that lying is a sin. You tell me that every day and I am not lying," she added leaving the room.

Imran looked in the mirror while holding the clothing that his daughter had given him.

"I guess this is what I am wearing for the event," he tells himself.

He then goes to the bathroom to freshen up and get dressed as he had half an hour to get to the destination.

After he was done, he got dressed and walked out of his room to go and find where his daughter was.

Imran walked into the living room to find Ayra and Shyra playing with the kitten. He watched them for a few minutes before his phone rang interrupting his thoughts.

Shyra looked up and her eyes matched him, she quickly looked away and continued to watch Ayra play with Shadow.

Shyra, tell your heart to stop. He deserves someone who can give him what he truly desires. A woman who is pure and worthy of him. And I am not her, and I can't be her. Not for him or even for Samir. Love and marriage aren't for someone like me. They deserve women who are for them and I am not. I can't feel the same way, I just can't..."

"Shyra, are you ready to go?" Ayra asks her making her come back from her thoughts. "Are you okay?" she asked again worriedly at Shyra.

"Yes, I am fine alhamdulilah and yes, we can go. Come on, let me carry Shadow's stuff while you carry him, okay?" Shyra says to the little who happily nods and obliges her.

"Shyra, can I talk to you about something?" Imran asks her.

"Sure, what do you want to talk about..."

"I think I know what Dad wants to ask you, Shyra?" Ayra says interrupting her. She had a huge grin on her face.

"And what is it that I want to ask her?" Her father asks Ayra who smiles.

"You wanted to ask her if you look good or you might need to change, right Dad?" Ayra says surprising both her father and Shyra. "Come on, Shyra. Tell him how he looks before he..."