Chapter 1

This is the first time I am trying a historical type story. Hope you like it. 

Don't forget to vote and comment. 

............................

The king of Pratap Garh was marching toward his room with a cold face. Guards were following him silently till he reached his room. 

After entering his room, his expression soften when he saw his childhood friend, wife, and love Alya. 

Alya saw his reflection in the mirror, she turned toward him and give him a bright smile, and said "Manik,  aap aa gye ( Manik, you came)! main apka hi intezaar kr rhi thi ( I was waiting for you)"

"Alya, humne kitni baar kaha hai humara intezaar mat kija kijiye and khana khana kha liya kijiye" (Alya, how many times I have told you don't wait for me and eat your dinner. I don't like when you stay hungry for me." Manik said while removing his crown

Alya smile and said while walking near him " Humein apka intezaar krna pasand hai. Aur ye hi to much chiz hai jo humein ehsaas dilate hai hum apki patni hai . Baki to hum kuch pati patni jaisa kuch kr nhi skte. Naa  hum apka hath pakad skte hai, na hum apke saath cho skte hai aur na hi ek bistar pe so skte hai . " She said last line sadly

(I like waiting for you. This is one thing I can do for you. As we can't do anything like husband and wife. Neither I can touch you nor I can sleep with you)

Manik felt bad seeing her sad face. He felt guilty, he can't give her the happiness which she deserves as his wife. He can't even console her when she was crying. 

Alya wiped her tears and said "Leave all this, you must be hungry. Let's go everyone was waiting for us." 

Manik nodded, then they walked toward the dining area where his parents, grandmother, his aunt, Dhruv, and Saloni were eating their food. Manik and Alya took their seats and started eating. 

Grandmother cleared her throat and said, " I want to announce something." Everyone looked at her. 

She continued " As we all know about Manik's condition. He is 24 now, next year he will be king but we all know the rule. To become king, he needs an heir which is not possible in this condition. After 3 months, it's his birthday. Within three months if we don't find the remedy for his problem then I am going to introduce Dhruv as the next king of Pratap Garh." 

A big smile come on Dhruv and his mother, and finally, their dream came true while Manik and his parents were upset with her decision. It's Manik's dream to become king and make Pratapgarh a beautiful place, but he knows with this condition he is not eligible to become king. 

Manik came out of his trance hearing his father's voice " Maa, what are you saying? You know only Manik has the capability to become king. he has all the skills and talent to become a good king. How can you do this with him?"

Manik's grandmother sighed and said " What do you think I am happy with all this, I love Manik more than anything but you know his condition. He can't produce an heir in this condition, it's the rule and tradition and I can't go against the rule. " 

Manik's father was going to speak, but Manik interrupt and said "Pitaji (father), dadi (Grandma) is right. We can't do anything in this case. " After saying this, he angrily gets up and dashes with the servant.

He was going to fall but the servant hold his hand and supported him. She asked worriedly "Raja sa, aap thik hai?" (Are you okay?"

Manik angrily looked at the maid, her eyes were covered with the veil. He was already angry with all the happening, he vent all his anger on her.

Note

Should I write dialogues in Hindi?