Chapter 2

Manik angrily looked at the maid, her eyes were covered with the veil. He was already angry with all the happening, he vent all his anger on her. Unknowingly, he held her hand and shouted " Can't you have eyes? You stupid girl, if you can't do the work properly, you don't need to come here again. Get out !" He left her with the jerk and marched toward his room leaving everyone shocked.

It was Manik's grandmother who composed herself and asked the servant "What's your name?"

Nandini who was crying silently, because of his shouting, speaks hearing Manik's grandma "Nandini." Grandmother nodded and ordered all the servants including Nandini to leave them alone.

"Maa sa ( mother), what do you think? My Manik got cured, he is fine now?" Manik's mother asked with tears and hope in her eyes. 

"We need to check, we can't come to the conclusion without consulting with vaid Ji. Let's hope for the best. " His father said calmly, inside his heart he was praying for his son's future. 

Grandmother get up from the chair and asked the servant to send Manik to the courtroom, after that she walked toward the courtroom followed by her family.

Manik was angrily pacing in his room, he was angry at God for giving him diseases like this. He can't touch anyone. When he was a kid, he wanted to sleep hugging his mother at night or wanted to hug her when he was upset but he can't do anything except watch her from afar. 

He is a man, he has needs. He wanted to touch his wife, kiss his wife but he can't do anything because of his curse. His whole life was ruined because of this curse, he wanted kids but he can't have kids, and he can't have a normal life because of this curse. 

He was in his own world when the servant knocked at the door and said while looking at the floor "Raja Sa, Badi Maharani (Grandmother) was calling you ." Manik nodded, after calming himself he walked to the courtroom and saw only his family was present there. 

His grandmother said in a calm voice "Manik, did you realize what happened in the dining area." 

Manik closed his eyes and remember how he shouted at the servant without any fault, he said with guilt " I am sorry Dadi Sa, it's my fault. It will not happen again."

He was interrupted by his grandmother " I was not talking about this, didn't you notice how you held that servant's hand still you were okay. No burning sensation or rashes." Hearing her, Manik realized she was right. When he held the servant's hand, he didn't feel anything ."

"That's mean, I am okay now! I am alright. I can touch anyone." Manik said happily, but was interrupted by the voice " Raja sa , Pehle main apki jaach kr leta hu (let me check you first)"

 Manik turned and saw the palace's vaid ( doctor in ancient times) . Everyone smile looking at him, then Manik's father tells him everything. 

 Vaid nodded, then he called Alya and said "Choti Rani sa.. aap idhar aaye ( Please come here)" Alya nodded and walked toward them. Then Vaid ji asked Manik to touch Alya. 

Manik slowly touch Alya's hand but take his hand back in a millisecond feeling burning sensation.  Everyone got sad seeing this, there hope died seeing this. 

Then Vaidji asked Maharani to call the same servant. Maharani immediately ordered the guard to call Nandini. 

After five minutes, Nandini entered the courtroom with slow steps. She was shivering due to fear, she was scared of thinking they will punish her for making Manik angry. 

Standing in front of Manik, still, her face was covered, she joined her hand and said in a crying voice "Please Raja Sa, please forgive me. I didn't do anything intentionally. Please forgive me, I will not repeat this mistake again. I will never come into the palace again, please forgive me this time." 

Manik looked at Vaidji, who gestured him to touch her hand. Manik slowly put his hand on her joined hands, but nothing happened. 

Nandini was shocked to see his hand, she tried to remove her hands from his hold but he tighten his hold. Nandini stopped struggling when Manik shouted at her " Stay silent, or it will take me 10 seconds to cut your head." 

After five minutes, of staying like this Vaid ji asked Nandini to leave. After that, he said looking at Manik's Grandmother " Maharani sa.. humein kuch waqt dijiye hum Kal ache se apko sab btate hai. " After saying this he left 

(Maharani, give me some time. I will tell you what's happening with Raja sa)

Manik was sitting on his bed, he was thinking about today's event when Alya entered the room with milk. She asked while forwarding the milk glass toward him " Kya soch rhe hai app? " (what are you thinking?"

"Aaj ke baare mein, main chintit ho ye soch ke kal vaid ji kya bolege." He said while sipping the milk ( I was thinking about what happened today. I was tense thinking what will vaid ji say tomorrow." 

"Don't think much. Everything will be alright" Alya said consoling him. Manik nodded, then they slept on two different beds.