CHAPTER 8

One month later, 

Manik walked toward the small hut, he saw Nandini sitting near the window and looking outside sadly. He sighed sadly, after falling into the river Nandini got fainted. Somehow he saved her and brought her near the village where they got to know they had lost their child. From that time, she was like this a dead soul. 

He cleared his throat and said softly " Nandini, please eat something. " She didn't budge, Manik slowly started feeding her. She didn't say anything. After that he made her lay on the cot and covered her with the blanket. 

He walked outside and meet the Village doctor, they didn't know he is the king of Pratapgarh. He said slowly " Baba (Uncle), how is my wife? She will be alright?" 

"Don't worry, she will be alright. It's a very difficult condition for any girl to lose her child. She will  be alright, just stay patient with her and give all your love and care." Hearing him, Manik nodded. Later baba gives him medicine to apply to his skin. 

Manik told the baba about his disease and how someone desperately gave him.  After that, the baba started his treatment and he was showing improvement. 

After applying the cream, Manik entered the hut and sleep beside Nandini taking her in his arm. He said while stroking her hair " Nandini, don't worry I will not leave that person who killed our child behind your condition. They have to pay for all this, just wait and watch." 

On the other side,  Manik's family tried to search for Manik but they couldn't find him and they declared Manik dead. 

At the dining table, 

Manik's grandmother said sadly "Next week, it's Dhruv's coronation ceremony. As Manik and Nandini are dead and Naina is pregnant there is no reason to delay this coronation. I will talk to the temple head about the coronation. " After saying this, she left followed by Manik's parents. 

Dhruv and his mother passed a victory smile to each other. Alya was looking at them sadly, she slowly got up from her chair and left.

Alya's room 

She was crying looking at Manik's picture. She said while crying " Please forgive me Manik. I was paying for my sins. I should not betray you. I was your wife, but still, I had an illegitimate relationship with Dhruv. Manik, it's your dream to become king. You were always stay busy with royal work or people, and you didn't give much attention to me and that time I started falling for Dhruv. He started taking care of me, he took me to different places and praised me. He did everything which a girl wanted in her life partner but now I realized it was all his trap." 

She remembered the day when she got to know his real face

 Knowing about Naina's pregnancy she was hurt and angry. He always told her, she never touched her. She is only his name-sake wife and he always behaves rudely with her in front of everyone then how did she get pregnant? 

She reached Dhruv's mom's room and heard her "Finally, our plan got successful. Manik is out of our life. Naina is pregnant, finally, you will be king." 

"Yes mom, we did so much for this. You started giving medicine to medicine and I had trapped Alya so, he could get medicine daily as it's difficult for you to feed medicine to Manik daily. Alya made our work so easy. And it was a nice  plan, even though Manik would get cured, Alya would never let him touch her. Like this, he would never get his heir. She was so irritating, only I know how I bear her for so long. I did everything because of this crown even I behaved badly with my Naina as I didn't want Alya to suspect anything." 

Alya opened the door angrily and shouted "So, this is your real face. Your love, your care everything was a lie. Why did you play with me? Because of you, I killed my husband. I made his life miserable ." 

"Shut up Alya, don't play the victim card. It's not like you are a kid, and even there was your selfish reason. You wanted a loving life partner, and Manik could be like this so, you started falling for me.  You did all this for your happiness, the same way I did all this for my happiness." Dhruv said with a neutral face

"I will tell everyone that you killed Manik. " She said wiping her tears. 

 Dhruv chuckled and said "Come on Alya, there was no proof. Moreover, I can easily put all blame on you saying that you wanted to sleep with me as your husband can't satisfy you and bring a fake witness who will say it's you who wants to kill Manik"

" Alya, I have seen only two dreams in my life. First to become king and second to marry Naina" He said the last line with so much love, Alya was shocked to hear this. 

She said, "You love Naina before marriage?" 

He nodded and said "Yes, I love her the moment I saw her. I know I told you it was a political marriage, no it was a lie. This was the reason I never slept with you even though you tried so many times because I wanted to stay loyal to her because I love her so much. For the crown, I had to behave badly with her, but it was temporary. Now, she will be queen and I will give her all the happiness." 

Alya slowly walked out of his room. He never loved her, and she was so stupid to see anything. 

Flashback end

Alya said while crying "Manik, please come back. This time I will give you all rights and happiness. I will fulfill all my responsibilities as your wife. Please come back, I was missing your care and love. Please come back." She slept on the floor holding Manik's picture. 

The next morning

Naina was sitting in the garden when Dhruv wrapped her in the shawl and said "Naina, it's cold outside. Why are you sitting here?"

"Nothing, I wanted to stay alone." She said sadly. Dhruv sit beside her and asked wrapping her arms around her " What happened ?"

"Nothing, just missing Manik Bhai. He would be happy knowing I am pregnant. He always treats me as his real sister." Nandini said sadly. Dhruv rubbed her arms and said " Don't be sad, this will affect our baby.  What is this, you didn't finish the fruit." After saying this, he started feeding him. 

Naina smiled seeing him, after her pregnancy he has changed so much. He started caring about her, he kept her as queen. She is happy now. 

Alya was watching Naina and Dhruv, she thinks in her mind " If I didn't fall into Dhruv's trap then I had a child till now. I would be happy with Manik and my children. I wasted so many years on this fake man. " She has written all these tears and sadness in her fate by her hand. 

.......................

I am really very tired, please no more update requests. 

Hope you enjoy these updates

Don't forget to like and comment

Good night