Chapter 7

Thank you for your lovely comments

Don't forget to comment, on how is the new twist. 

Want one more update? 

Two days passed, and Nandini was passing through Grandmother's room when she heard Grandmother's voice " Why that girl was not getting pregnant? It's been 3 months since their marriage. I think I should take her to the doctor." 

"You are right maaji (mother), I am also thinking the same." Manik's father added

"I can't wait to get rid of this girl. Just she gives birth to our heir then I will throw her out of this palace." She said bitterly, Nandini was shocked to hear her.

She rushed outside, she held her stomach where her baby is residing. She said touching her stomach "My baby.. they will snatch my baby. They will take my baby, no... I will not give my baby to them." She decided to run away from this palace without thinking anything. 

On the other side, Manik was going to open Alya's room door he was shocked to hear Alya's words " Dhruv, I can't wait. Please do something. I love you so much, I want to live with you. I felt jealous seeing you with Naina. "

Dhruv cupped her face and said softly " Don't worry my love. Just a few days, I am planning to kill Manik soon."

Alya was shocked to hear him " What are you saying? This was not our plan" 

Dhruv held her hand and said "My love, we don't have any option. I don't know, why this medicine was not working on Nandini. How Manik can touch Nandini, not any other person. Everything was perfect, according to our plan.  Slowly mom then you started giving medicine to Manik mixing it with milk, because of which he can't touch anyone. I was going to be king But all our plans were ruined because of Nandini. She can't become pregnant, otherwise, Manik will be king. So, we don't have any option." 

He continued " I know he is your best friend, but if I didn't become king then we will never be together. If I become king, then I will never let anyone raise finger at you. Please, Alya, try to understand. For me, for our love." Hearing him, Alya nodded hesitantly and hugged him while Dhruv smirked. 

Manik was heartbroken and shattered. He slowly walked out of the palace, he can't believe this all was happening under his nose. His wife, his best friend, and his love was playing with him and his feeling. She has seen the pain he was going through because of his diseases, all her concern was fake. She didn't care about him. 

He was thinking about Dhruv and Alya's betrayal when he saw Nandini running toward the forest. He hurriedly rushed toward her calling her name "Nandini, where are you going?" 

Hearing his voice, Nandini started running fast but she can't beat him and finally, Manik held her hand and shouted " What are you doing? Where are you going?" 

Nandini said holding her stomach " I will never give my child to you." 

Manik was shocked to hear her words, unknown happiness build inside him hearing he is going to be his father "Nandini, you are pregnant. I am going to be the father. " He was going to hold her hand but she jerked his hand and said angrily " Don't touch me. I bear everything in your palace. I am your wife, still, your family called me bed warmer, mistress, and everything still I bear everything. You never gave me any right as your wife but I remained silent. You treated me as a prostitute but I remained silent. But I can't bear this, I will never give my child to you selfish people. You all are bad people, you want a child only for power and position. I will never let my child grow between you people. It's my child, I will die but never give my child to you."

Before Manik could speak further, someone hit him on the head making Nandini shocked. Seeing him rushing toward the forest without security, Dhruv's people started chasing him. 

Manik was shocked to see three people with weapons. He was without any weapon, he can't fight with them especially when Nandini was with him. Having no other option, he held her hand and rushed in a different direction. 

After running for ten minutes, Nandini said tiredly holding her stomach " I can't run anymore. I am tired and feeling pain in my stomach. My baby!" 

Manik picked her up in bridal style and started running. After running for more than ten minutes, Manik placed her on the ground and said " Nandini, I am going to distract them. You stay there and leave when they run after me." 

Listening to him, Nandini got scared. She said, " No, I will not go anywhere leaving you" ( I know this is stupidity. Please bear for the story, logically  Nandini should not forgive him ever but I don't want to give a sad ending. Hope you understand!)

Manik was dumbfounded to hear her. He treated her badly and called her names still she was ready to leave him. He composed himself, he can't risk her and the baby's life " Listen Nandini, you are pregnant. Not about yourself, but think about a baby." 

" I know you never think of me as your wife but you are my husband. I accepted you as my husband the moment you fill my hairline. I can't leave you alone to die." She said the last line sternly. Manik was staring at her with different emotions. He came out of his trance hearing footsteps. 

He gesture  her to stay silent and hugged her tightly to protect her. But their bad luck, they got caught by goons. 

Seeing them they started running and reached the hilltops, at the same time goons reached there. Manik held Nandini's hand tightly. He looked at the goons and then the river behind them. 

He took a deep breath, if they get caught by goons they will definitely kill them but if they jump into the river there is a chance they will be saved. 

He looked at Nandini, who was looking scared. He thinks in mind "O god, please save Nandini and her child. I did so many wrongs with her, if I get the chance to live I will give her everything which she deserves." 

He came into the real-world hearing a goon voice "Now no one can save you. We will kill you." After saying this, he started toward them with a knife in their hand. 

Seeing this chanting God's name Manik jumped into the river with Nandini.