Chapter 12

Alya was looking at Manik and Nandini from her room's window. She saw Manik put flowers on Nandini's hair, later he sat beside her holding her hands. It makes her so much jealous, she wanted at Nandini's place.

She wiped her tears and said with determination "Manik, I am your wife. I want my right as your wife and I will get it anyway."

Manik said "Nandini, did you enjoy it?" As usual, she was blank, he sighed held her hand, and took her inside the palace. They were on the way to their room when someone stopped Manik for work.

Manik called Nandini's personal servant and asked her to drop Nandini to the room. Nandini was walking toward her room when she bumped into Naina.

Naina immediately apologized " I am sorry." But, Nandini's gaze was fixed on Naina's big stomach. She touched her stomach slowly, and started crying loudly "My baby.... my baby."

Her screams were so loud and painful, everyone gathered around her. Manik hurriedly rushed toward her, and said "Nandini, relax!"

"Manik, my baby ..my child!" She kept chanting the same words while looking at Naina's stomach. For the first time, everyone felt bad for her including Dhruv and Alya.

Manik hugged her tightly and tried to console her, with great difficulty he took her to the room. In the room, he made her sit on the bed and said cupping her face "Nandini, relax! " This is the first time, she was showing some emotion after the miscarriage. Somewhere, he is happy as it will help her to cure.

He came out of his trance hearing Nandini's crying voice "Manik, my baby! And started crying uncontrollably.

Seeing her like this, Manik cupped her face and said "Nandini"

"Why my left me? Am I bad?" She said while crying

"No, you are best. He or she will definitely come back." He assures her, softly. Then he made her lay down on the bed and covered her with the quilt. He kept stroking her hair while she was staring at him.

One week passed, and now Nandini is her normal self. She was sad about the baby and tried to overcome her sorrow.

In all these days, Manik has stopped going to court and staying with her 24x7. She notices how he tried to bring a smile to her face, how he cares about her, and how his world revolves around her.

she was standing at the window when Manik came near her and said "What are you thinking?"

"Manik, I went to meet my mother today." He nodded and waited for her to continue "My mother took me to the female doctor. After checking me, she told me that I can't become a mother again."

Manik was shocked to hear her, and next second he hugged her tightly and said "Don't worry Nandini. Everything will be alright, I am here with you." Then he picked her up in bridal style and walked to the bed. After making her lie on the bed, he lay beside her and take her in a protective hug.

Sleep was far away from Nandini's eyes, she was thinking about her lie. Yes, she lied to him about her pregnancy. She was confused with his behavior, why suddenly he started behaving lovingly and caring toward her. Why he was doing this? Is he guilty? Or there is any other matter?

Two days passed,

Dining table

"Manik, Alya is also your wife. You have some responsibility toward her too. Now, Nandini is alright so, tonight you will sleep with her." His Grandma ordered

"But Grandma" Before Manik could protest, Nandini cut his words and said "Manikji, your grandmother was right. I am fine now, and you should not waste time your precious time with a barren girl like me."

Everyone gasped hearing her, Manik held her hand and said softly "Nandini, don't address yourself like this. You are precious to me."

His grandma composed herself and said "Manik, I don't want to hear any argument. From now onwards, you will sleep with Alya until she conceives. " Manik sighed, he knows there is no use to argue with her.

After dinner, Manik entered Alya's room. He decided to stay in the room for some time, then go to Nandini's room. He was shocked to see the room decorated with flowers and candles. Alya walked near him and said wrapping her arms around his neck "Finally, the day has arrived. We are going to become one."

Manik jerked her hand angrily and shouted "Alya, I told you about this. Why are you forcing yourself on me."

"Forcing? I am your wife, Manik not a prostitute." Alya shouted feeling insulted by his words

"Wife?" Manik chuckled, grabbed her arms, and said angrily "You were my wife at that time too when you were planning to kill me with Dhruv." Alya was shocked to hear him, she stuttered " You know about this."

Manik nodded, he tighten his hold on her soft skin "Yes, you were responsible for my unborn's child death and Nandini's condition and I will never forgive you for this." He was going out when Alya held his hand and said "Manik, Dhruv trapped me with his lie. Please, forgive me. We will start again. You love, please forgive your Alya."

Manik jerked her hand and said "No, Alya. I don't love you. I love Nandini only, and if you don't people to know about your sin, stay away from me and Nandini." After saying this, he walked out of the room angrily.

Nandini was sitting on the floor. She just wanted to check with Manik, if he really love her or if it was just because of guilt. Will he leave her when she was no use to him?

She closed her eyes, thinking about Alya and Manik. Did he really sleep with Alya? Imagining all this, her heart ached. It was a lie if she said she didn't like his attention and care. Every girl wants her husband's love, care, and attention. And thinking about sharing him with any other girl, ached her heart.

She was in her own world when Manik entered the room angrily but seeing Nandini's innocent face all his worries threw out of the window. Nandini was surprised to see him, she asked suppressing her happiness "What are you doing here? You should be with Alya"

Manik held her hand and said softly " You know, I can't sleep without you. How can I stay there" Before Nandini could ask a further question, Manik took her to the bed and slept hugging her. A big smile came on Nandini's face seeing him. She was happy and right now, she doesn't want to think of anything else. Slowly she closed her eyes and went into a deep slumber.