CHAPTER 5

I know it feels very good when you wake up and find an update of your favorite story so, this update is for my lovely readers. 

Hope this brings a smile to your face...

............................................................................................................................................

The next day, Nandini woke up. She was feeling pain all over her body, she slowly opened her eyes and felt bad seeing the empty side. She remembered, how he left for Alya's room after cleaning himself. 

Slowly she tried to wake up and walked to the washroom. She took the bath, and get ready in her old clothes. She was sitting on the bed, she didn't understand what to do. 

She was sitting on the bed when Grandma entered the room followed by Naina. Grandma's gaze falls on her love bites, she sighed in relief. She looked at her face, indeed she is beautiful. Any man can fall for her beauty, she sighed in relief seeing this. 

She cleared her throat and said "Listen, girl, hope my grandson told you everything. You are here to give birth to his child, nothing else.  Don't keep your hope high, and think of yourself as queen. Alya is our real queen. First thing, you will not stay in this room, you will stay in the servant's room near this room. You will come into this room when Manik wants you. Next thing, don't think you will sit here and enjoy all the luxuries. You are servant here, now go and cook food."  Controlling her tears, Nandini nodded. After looking at her for a good minute, she walked out of the room. 

Naina felt bad looking at Nandini, she slowly walked to her and said " I know it's all difficult for you. But keep faith in God, everything will be alright. Here, I brought medicine for you. Eat this, you will feel good." 

Nandini smile faintly and thanked her, then she covered her face and walked to the kitchen. Nobody knows about their marriage, so her head servant scolded her " You are late Nandini. Now, it's lunchtime. Start your work fast." Hearing her, Nandini started cutting the vegetables. 

Manik was discussing with other ministers, but his all focus was on Nandini. Her beautiful and innocent face was coming in front of his eyes. He didn't want to leave her, but she was tired and need rest. Last night, he went to Alya's room. He wanted to prove to Alya that Nandini is only his bed warmer, nothing else. 

After dismissing the meeting, he went to Alya's room after that they walked to the dining area.

At the dining hall, 

Nandini was arranging the plates on the dining table when Manik entered with Alya. They were talking and giggling. Seeing him like this with her, ached her heart. She knows since the beginning every time cleared her that she is only a servant but she can't help. He is her husband, and it's painful seeing him with other women even if that woman is his first wife. She took a deep breath and resume her work. 

Manik halted at her steps, he can sense Nandini's presence. Even though her face is covered, he can sense her presence. He groaned in frustration, what's happened to him in one night? 

He shakes his head to come out of his thoughts and sits on his chair beside Alya. Nandini came near him and serving to him, he inhaled her enchanting smell. He wanted to drag and take her to the bedroom. 

Not able to control himself, he murmured in her ear seeing everyone was busy with their food. He murmured, " After lunch comes to my room." Nandini nodded slowly.

After lunch, the moment Nandini entered the room Manik took her to the bed and started making love to her without caring about her. 

The second turn into minutes, and minutes turn into hours. Finally, after 2 hours Manik left her. They both were panting heavily. After calming herself, Nandini got up from the bed and started wearing her clothes while Manik was staring at her. Her whole body was full of love bites. Unknowingly, he felt good seeing her like this. 

After wearing her clothes, Nandini came out of his room when she bumped into someone. She said looking at Alya "I am sorry Maharaniji (queen)"

"You bloody servant, don't you have eyes. Manik was right about you, now I have to take bath. " Nandini slowly walked out when she heard Alya's venomous words " Manik only loves me. I am his wife, love, and queen of Pratap Garh. Remember this always." Nandini didn't say anything and walked to the kitchen. 

Days passed like this, and Alya started showing her right Manik in front of Nandini, but she couldn't do anything about this. 

Not only Alya, but his Grandmother didn't leave any chance to taunt her. His parents were neutral, she didn't exist for them. 

One day, Nandini was serving everyone when intentionally Alya poured soup on her dress and shouted at her " What did you do? You know, how expensive this dress was? " And threw hot soup on her hand. 

Nandini rushed toward her room, crying over her fate. Don't know why, but she was hoping Manik took a stand for her. But it was all her dream. 

She kept crying looking at her hand, she looked at the time. It was 9, she has to go to Manik's room. She wiped her tears and walked to his room. 

Manik was reading the document when she entered the room. His gaze falls on her tear-stricken face, he felt bad seeing her like this. 

He put the document beside him and walked toward her. He slowly held her burning hand and apply the cream on her hand making her shocked. After applying the cream, he said " Go and take a rest in your room. I am not in the mood." 

Nandini was sitting near the balcony, she was looking at her hand with a smile. It was the first time, he showed care for her. This ointment gives hope to her, maybe one day he will accept her as his wife and love her. Thinking about him,  she slept with a smile.