Chapter 40: Red Fermented Bean Curd Trotters

"Xiaoxiang, come out quickly. The fire is too big." Several villagers shouted anxiously outside.

Zhao Xiaoxiang was still in the room. Her parents' and sisters' things could not be burned.

Her face was smeared with sweat, smoke, and tears. She was still holding a box tightly in her hand, with a crumpled bag in her arms. She didn't know whether the contents were worth any money.

When Zhao Xiaoxiang hurried out the door, her cotton-padded jacket got several burnt holes. Even the ends of her braids were accidentally burned by the fire, exuding a burnt, pungent smell.

Zhao Xiaoxiang staggered and ran out of the burning house, throwing the things in her arms to the ground and rushing back inside. At this time, the villagers dragged her back desperately.

"You can't enter anymore. If you enter again, you will die. Are these things important, or is life important?"

Zhao Xiaoxiang was exhausted at this time. She was completely paralyzed on the ground, looking at her home swallowed by the fire, and crying bitterly.

"Cut, very good!" The director finally yelled to stop. He took the lead in applauding Tang Qiaoqiao. In this plot, Tang Qiaoqiao showed Zhao Xiaoxiang's anxiety, pain, regret, and fear of death when she rushed into the fire. Everything was in the right place.

Finally, there was a long shot of crying that lasted for a minute. Tang Qiaoqiao cried with her eyes and nose. She didn't keep any image at all but her super infectious power made everyone who saw the clip extremely moved.

The other staff was also amazed by her performance. They applauded her one after another.

Tang Qiaoqiao got up and let out a long sigh of relief. Facing everyone's enthusiastic applause, she smiled embarrassedly.

Although her face was so dark from soot that no one could see her face, her teary eyes are shining like stars.

Shen Yue visited the film and television base today as a tourist. He did not tell Tang Qiaoqiao that he would come to the crew today.

He silently observed in a corner that Tang Qiaoqiao couldn't notice.

He watched her rushing into the fire over and over again like desperately. He watched her acting skills being applauded by the director and staff. He watched her with a brilliant smile on her face.

Only then did Shen Yue understand what Tang Qiaoqiao had said before. She liked the feeling of being liked by others.

Whether it's cooking or acting, it seems that Tang Qiaoqiao can be happy from the bottom of her heart as long as she gets a little compliment.

She lived a very simple life, with joy, anger, sorrow, and joy directly expressed on her face.

This simplicity is precious.

"It's so touching. My sister-in-law's acting skills are so good."

Li Ji clapped his hands in dolphin-style applause. He originally thought that Tang Qiaoqiao, his new sister-in-law, was just playing in the entertainment industry. But this time he witnessed how much Tang Qiaoqiao put into acting. He realized that she was serious.

"Boss, my sister-in-law is worthy of being your favorite woman. She is strong." Li Ji said with a thumbs up.

Shen Yue glanced at him coldly, "Don't think that if you say this, I will forget about the African branch."

Li Ji lamented, "I got my lesson, boss. But my words are from the heart. Wait until my sister-in-law's TV series started. I must turn on all the TVs in the house to support the ratings."