Chapter 9: Forging a pact with Leviathan

[Cale's Room]

Mammon was putting an ice pack on Cale's bruise on his knee.

Cale actually fell down at the hallway few minutes ago after he accidentally bumped into one of the students.

“I'm fine, Mammon. You can put the ice pack away.”

Mammon frown at Cale's words. No way he's gonna believe what Cale said. He saw how dark the bruise on Cale's knee.

“You humans really are way less physically capable than us demons. That's because they don't eat enough. And unlike us, the don't eat the right things.”

Mammon's brows furrowed as he his gaze headed towards Beel, who's eating another slice of pizza.

“Stop tying everything back to food, Beel.”

Said Mammon as he looks back at Cale's knee in confused; the bruise was healed.

“It's healed.”

Mammon murmured.

“Anyway, Beel, why are you here?”

Cale asked as he purposely shifted to another topic. He doesn't want Mammon asking him questions on how his bruise got healed.

“Because you have free pizza.”

Beel casually replied, taking another bite on his pizza.

Mammon scoffed.

“Seems to me that you've been spendin’ awful lot of time here ever since you gave Cale a piece of information.”

Beel paused a few seconds, hearing Mammon's words, makes him think that Mammon is no different from him and is jealous.

“Well, so have you.”

Beel casually replied.

“I mean, you've even left a cell phone charger here. And a toothbrush, too. That's how much you've been over here.”

Mammon flustered at Beel's words.

“W-Well, that's because, uh... you know... I've gotta look after this human, don't I?! It's my job....”

Mammon shuttered as he reasoned out as his face and ears turned red.

Ever since Cale's declaration on Levi, Mammon's been attached to Cale, like he's been always around Cale unlike before (let's not talk about the past). He often stays on Cale's room until late at night, but was kick out by Cale, at the end.

Cale then touched Mammon's forehead, and was confused why Mammon's face was red when he's not even sick. Cale is sure that Mammon's temperature is normal.

‘Is he sick? His temperature is normal, though.’

🔥: Tsk, tsk.

🪨: You sure are quite dense when it comes to this kind of thing.

🛡️: Mm *nods*

‘?’

Cale look even more confused.

“Weird, your temperature is normal.”

Said Cale with confused and serious expression.

Mammon averted his eyes on the other side, not daring to look at Cale's eyes. He could feel his face heating up.

He then glance at Beel, who's busy munching on the pizza.

Munch. Munch. Munch.

“Mm, nothing beats pizza for late night snack.”