Chapter 15: I protect but I'm no hero

Author's Note:

Characters might be out of character sometimes.

This chapter includes swearing, and might have grammatical errors.

The bonus part is not part of the chapter.

«...» - wind elements
<...> - gods
"Italic"/ Italic - flash back/record

Thank you and happy reading ❤️

. . . .

[Underground Tomb]

“Lucifer, come on! Calm down a little, would ya?! He's just a lost dog, that's all! There's no need to be revealing your true form over this, now is there?!”

Mammon tried his best to buy time. He can't afford Luke getting killed by Lucifer, especially Cale cares for Luke. He knew Cale have soft spot for children because he's been watching over (stalking) Cale. He sometimes hear him say ‘I wonder how are the children?’ or ‘I hope the children are doing fine.’, something like that.

At first, he thought Cale was married and was greatly devastated. However, he soon learn Cale was actually not married (thanks to Diavolo).

I-I'll h-have you know that I r-report directly to Michael the Archangel, one of the greatest—”

Lucifer quickly cut off Luke.

“Luke. That book on your hand... Do you realize what that it?”

Lucifer asked, sternly, staring coldly at Luke. Luke trembled in fear.

“You mean this...? I found it a minute ago. The sculpture on the coffin there was holding it...”

Beel and Cale were able to come in time. Both of them were panting.

“Finally! Cale, Beel, you're here! It took ya long enough!”

Beel's eyes widen seeing the book on Luke's hands.

“That's a grimoire!”

Beel exclaimed.

...!

Both Luke and Mammon were surprised.

‘A grimoire, huh?’

Cale then remembered the grimoire that the god of death gave him.

‘Will things turned like this if they ever found out that I have Diavolo's grimoire? Or perhaps will it turn even worse than this?’

Cale's sweat dropped imagining the possible outcomes of them finding out that he had Diavolo's grimoire all this time.

“The grimoire that Luke is holding has the power to control a demon—to make him do anything, even if it's in violation of a pact.”

‘So it means the grimoire that Luke is holding is the demon brothers’ grimoire.’

Cale thought of a possibility.

“Everything that we are rides on that book. We can never allow it to be stolen under any circumstances. I didn't realize Lucifer was hiding it here on the underground tomb.”

Beel added, frowning.

“This is no time to be standing around lost in thought, Beel! Get with the program!”

Mammon exclaimed to Beel. He gaze then headed towards Luke.

“Now listen up, dog! What I wanna know is how you ended up lost in a place like this! No one else but us has access to this place! How'd you get here?”