Chapter 26: Unexpected Turn of Events in the Game World

Author's Note:

Characters might be out of character sometimes.

This chapter includes swearing, and might have grammatical errors.

The bonus part is not part of the story.

«...» - wind elements
<...> - gods
"Italic"/ Italic - flash back/record/dream

Thank you and happy reading ❤️

. . . .

"Tadaaa! Check it out! It's Dogi Maji Memorium! Or just Dogi Maji for short!"

As soon as Leviathan's parcel arrived, he went looking for Cale.

Cale didn't know why of all people to call, why him? Now he's (trapped) inside Leviathan's room and has to listen to his endless blabbering.

"So here's the deal: In this game, anyone who registers to play is actually pulled into the game world for real. So, you're really in there! Which means if you die in the game, you die for real."

'Why are you saying something so vicious?!'

Cale's face remained stoic despite feeling the chills down his spine.

"And you have to win, because if you don't, you'll never be able to leave the game world!"

'Not this brat too.'

"Hey, Mammon! Would you please get your dirty hands off my game? That just arrived from Akuzon today! It's still new and pristine! Also, what the hell are you doing here?! I only asked for Cale to come in here!"

Leviathan managed to get his game from Mammon's hands and kicked him.

"Ow! Hey, what's that for? Ya could've just grabbed the game instead of kickin' me."

Leviathan's brow furrowed, staring at Mammon intensely.

"Okay, okay."

Mammon got up and continued.

"We want Satan and Lucifer to make up and we need the game for us to do that."

'We?'

Leviathan twisted a puzzled look.

'Cale's included?'

"And what does that have to do with this?"

"Pff, you really don't get it, do ya? Well, think about it for a sec..."

Mammon went closer to Leviathan as if trying to whisper.

"If I register them in the game client, they'll be pulled inside the game world, right? Since this is Satan and Lucifer we're talkin' about, at first they'll be moanin' and groanin' about it...but here's the thing: like I said before, you've gotta win the game before you can leave the game world. So, they'll have to work together toward a common goal. They may hate each other, but they'll force 'em to bond some, ya see..."

Mammon's gaze headed towards Cale. Cale had a bad feeling about it.

"Ain't I a real genius, Cale?! I'm pretty sure I am!"

Mammon stood there with a proud expression on his face as if saying "Praise me!"

Cale facepalmed. And yeah, he was right. They made themselves a deal that Mammon was gonna do anything for Cale, but...this wasn't part of the deal! Cale knows that Mammon is just trying to help but he can't help but think he wanted to smack the back of this brat's head.