Chapter 12: Making up is hard thing to do

Author's Note:

Characters might be out of character sometimes.

This chapter includes swearing, and might have grammatical errors.

The bonus part is not part of the chapter.

«...» - wind elements
<...> - gods
"Italic"/ Italic - flash back/record

Thank you and happy reading ❤️
. . . .

[Beel (and Belphie)'s room]

"So, this is my room."

Cale could see two beds, from the right and left corner. Seeing the bed on the left, it's Beel's. On the right side, it's Belphegor's.

Cale went over the bed on the right, but was stopped by Beel.

"No. Use my bed. It's the one on the left. Don't use the bed on the right. I'll sleep on the couch."

"Why?"

Cale asked. He doesn't like the sight of Beel sleep on the couch, especially when it's not even his room but Beel's.

Beel went silent for a second, hesitating whether to answer Cale or not.

"The bed on the right is my twin brother's. His name is Belphegor. He's in the human world right now as an exchange student."

"He's in the human world?"

Cale could swear he saw how Beel's imaginary dog ears perk up.

"Yeah. You came from the human world to Devildom, and Belphegor was send from Devildom to the human world. He went there with another demon by the named Diaval."

Cale could see how Beel cares for his twin brother and how happy he is when talking about him.

"...Belphie had a falling out with Lucifer, so he was chosen to be an exchange student. Belphie didn't want to go, but he was forced."

Beel added, giving Cale a sad smile.

"So don't mention his name in front of Lucifer."

Lilith's flash into Cale's mind.

"When Belphie reminded him about me made Lucifer paused, but eventually dismissed it. Lucifer's dismissal of me sent Belphie into rage and he threatened to go to the human world and destroy everyone in it, only to be subdued and imprisoned in the attic until he changed his mind."

"I want to know more about Belphie."

Cale said, smiling.

"Even though we're twins, all that means is that our father made us at the same time. It's not like we're alike in any way. Still, Belphie and I get along."

Beel said, happily.

"We used to have a little sister, Lilith. So, the three of us were always together: me, Belphie, and Lilith."

Cale's brows slightly furrowed hearing the words 'used to.'

A record suddenly flash into Cale's mind.

"Hey! Don't you know our team leader's motto?"

'How could I not?' (Kim Rok Soo) knew it too well.

"Being alive is the best! Why don't you take those words to heart, huh?"

He had indeed taken it to heart.

"Hey, the team leader says he's going to own a farm once he retires. I'm going to own an orchard next to him."

He had scoffed at Choi Jung Soo back then. 'How can you say something so relaxed in a situation like this?'