Chapter 30: Who is the Killer?

Author's Note:

Characters might be out of character sometimes.

This chapter includes swearing and might have grammatical errors.

The bonus part is not part of the story.

«...» - wind elements
<...> - gods
"Italic"/ Italic - flashback/record/dream

Thank you and happy reading ❤️

. . . .

"Whoooooa! Check it out, Cale! Sheep! Real live sheep! There's a whole flock of 'em! Whoa! Bet they taste good!"

Mammon was pointing out a group of sheep. The sheep look chubby thanks to their fluffy fur.

"Mammon, quit shouting every time you see something mildly interesting. You're embarrassing us."

Satan had his arms crossed as his cheeks turned slightly red from embarrassment.

"It seems I made the right choice reserving a private cabin for us on the train. Though first class was expensive."

Lucifer indeed made the right choice. Knowing Mammon, he'll probably do something that would embarrass them just like what he did just now. It's been a long time since Mammon came back to the human realm so it was understandable for Cale why Mammon is acting all excited.

"By the way, they've got a place where you can go and eat on the train, right? What was it called again...the dining car?"

Cale just sat there drinking champagne.

"Heheheh. I'm gonna go take some pictures and then brag about it to Beel when we get back to the Devildom."

Mammon had a smug expression on his face.

"Be back in a minute!"

With that, Mammon left, leaving the three of them. Well, Cale doesn't mind except for the two demons who are awkwardly silent.

"...So, would you say this is similar to what's known as a family trip in the human realm?"

Lucifer was the first one to break the silence.

"...Maybe, yeah. You know, the view out the window is nice."

Satan replied as he watched the trees passing by outside.

Another awkward silence was then replaced with their short conversation.

Cale looked back and forth at the two demons as he sipped at his glass of champagne.

"AAAAAHH!"

A scream suddenly interrupted the silence.

"Someone call the crew! A woman's been stabbed!"

This had caught their attention. Normally, Cale couldn't care less about this. However, the next thing they said made Cale pause.

"The guy who did it...he was young! He had white hair, and tan skin, and he was wearing sunglasses!"

"Right, exactly! He was wearing a brown and white jacket, and he had some sort of strange keychain. It looked like a tail or something!"

"He's the one who did it! He's the one who...who stabbed her to death!"

Cale frowned as he put down his glass.

The three of them stared at each other in silence, knowing damn well who is accused of stabbing a woman.

"How about we pretend we didn't hear anything?"

Lucifer suggested.

Cale sighed. No way he's doing that.