Chapter 27: Let the Game Begin!

Author's Note:

Characters might be out of character sometimes.

This chapter includes swearing and might have grammatical errors.

The bonus part is not part of the story.

«...» - wind elements
<...> - gods
"Italic"/ Italic - flashback/record/dream

Thank you and happy reading ❤️

. . . .

Cale, who is now inside the classroom, is still bothered by the brothers' declaration. He wanted to beat Leviathan with a rock just like how he beat up the illusion white star. However, he shouldn't do that. He didn't want to create more trouble.

Cale let out a deep sigh. He didn't know whether he should be bothered by the fact that Leviathan made him the heroine or what brothers would do in order to raise their intimacy to him. Him of all people.

"...Quantitative research is a systematic investigation of observable phenomena where the researcher gathers numerical data and subjects them to statistical methods. This method of research is highly deductive as it uses data to test hypotheses and theories..."

Cale wanted to take a nap. But unfortunately, he can't. Mammon, who is sitting beside him, is sleep talking in his sleep, mumbling stuffs. He sounded like a mosquito buzzing in his ears.

"Zzz... oh money, baby, I looooove you..."

Cale facepalmed.

'Should I kick him?'

Cale thought of an idea.

"...zzz...aww, you're making me blush...zzz..."

"Stupidmammon!"

The teacher called out.

"...mm? Wha?"

Mammon woke up confused.

"How will you know if the research study is quantitative research?"

The teacher asked. Mammon stood up, unable to answer the question.

"Um..."

"It uses a large sample size."

Cale whispered.

"Uh, um...it uses a large sample size...I think?"

The teacher stared at Mammon for a moment.

"...Correct. You may sit back down. Now moving on..."

Mammon sighs in relief.

"That was close... I only survived because of you! Thanks, Cale."

Cale stared at Mammon as he opened his mouth.

"If you're thankful, you should give me 50 thousand grimms."

Cale smiled.

Mammon deadpanned at Cale's reply. He looks at the intimacy percentage above Cale's head.

0%

. . . .

"Oh. I was wondering who'd bumped into me. So it's you, Cale."

Cale was carrying hundreds of documents and other teaching materials for the next class. He was asked by the teacher to put them on her desk.

Cale nodded his head to Satan as a sign of hello and started walking away. The documents and materials were heavy. So he had to walk carefully not to drop them.