Chapter 18: Underground Labyrinth

Author's Note:

Characters might be out of character sometimes.

This chapter includes swearing, and might have grammatical errors.

The bonus part is not part of the chapter.

«...» - wind elements
<...> - gods
"Italic"/ Italic - flash back/record/dream

I apologized for keeping you waiting readers. It's been a while since I've updated. So here you go!

Thank you and happy reading ❤️

. . . .

Everyone looked around to see who screamed. Asmo thought the voice was a bit familiar. An angry voice was then unleashed.

"How could you...HOW COULD YOU...?! Asmodeus...this is all your fault! All of it, YOUR FAULT!"

A portrait of a woman screeched. Who would have thought she would see the demon who ruined her life?

She betrayed her lover and had an affair with that despicable demon. Because of that, a war broke out which destroyed the country. She hated him. She hated Asmodeus. For ruin her life, for everything.

"That's a portrait of Helene. She's a witch."

Lucifer interjected. Asmodeus was thinking deeply. The voice and the name was so familiar. Maybe she was also one of the witches he flirted. He then remembered the woman he flirted hundreds of years ago. The witch with unparallel beauty, Helene.

"Ah, yes! Helene! I remember now!"

Mammon looked at Asmo in confusion.

"So what's going on here, anyway?"

Mammon asked.

"Ooh! I can answer that question!"

Number Two raised his hand, cheerfully.

"Helene was once know far and wide as a witch of parallel beauty! Countless humans, angels, and demons alike fell under her spell. But Asmodeus here came along and seduced her, leading her to betray her lover at the same time."

"Yes, I had a feeling where this story was headed."

Simeon mumbled.

"War erupted as a result of her betrayal, a great war that destroyed the entire country. And Helene was derided as a horrible, wicked woman who sold her soul to a demon."

Number Two added.

"So you're saying all of this happened because Asmodeus fooled a woman long ago?"

Satan asked, raising his brow as if he heard something stupid.

'Helene...'

Cale can't help but thought that Helene's backstory is somewhat similar to Helen of Troy, for her beauty was unparalleled and had a lover before entering an affair that led to disastrous consequences.

Everyone looked at Asmo as if he did a terrible mistake.

Asmodeus let out a laugh.

"Now wait a minute, everyone. We're talking about something that happened hundreds of years ago! But regardless..."

Asmo turned to face Helene's portrait with a smile.

"Helene, I never expected to run into you here of all places! I mean, what are the chances?! Wow, it's been sooo looong! So, whacha up to these days, hm?"

Cale looked at Asmo as if he's the most foolish and idiotic person he ever seen.

🌊: What the hell...