Chapter 31: Calm before the Storm

Author's Note:

Characters might be out of character sometimes.

This chapter includes swearing and might have grammatical errors.

The bonus part is not part of the story.

«...» - wind elements
<...> - gods
"Italic"/ Italic - flashback/record/dream

Thank you and happy reading ❤️

. . . .

As soon as they returned to the Devildom, Cale, Satan, and Mammon went home first. Lucifer went to visit Diavolo and reported everything that had happened. Starting from when Lucifer and Satan switch bodies to what happened when they went to the human realm.

"Ahahahaha!"

"It really wasn't funny, you know..."

Lucifer slightly frowned as he stared at Diavolo, who was laughing.

"Still, after switching bodies with Satan, you went on a grand adventure inside a video game. Then, on top of that, you took a vacation up to the human realm as well. Impressive."

Barbatos summed up everything that had happened.

"It sounds as though you had 500 years' worth of excitement packed into a very short period."

Barbatos teased. This made Lucifer's brows furrowed.

"Just so we're clear: it wasn't an adventure at all, nor a vacation, nor it was exciting."

Barbatos had a smug expression on his face as if saying, "Yeah, sure." in a sarcastic way.

"I'm so jealous, Lucifer..."

Lucifer deadpanned at Diavolo's words. Diavolo was indeed jealous that they got to go into the human realm and have fun, while he was stuck all day in his office with paperworks.

"It really isn't fair that you got to have so much fun...I wish I could've gone along, too. A vacation up in the human realm sounds wonderful..."

Lucifer facepalmed. Diavolo's adventurous and childish behavior is coming out again.

"As I just said, it wasn't a vacation."

Diavolo pouted. He could tell Lucifer was enjoying his vacation in the human realm together with Cale and his two brothers.

"But I notice that you didn't deny having fun though, did you?"

Barbatos then again teased Lucifer. Lucifer's face turned red in embarrassment as he averted his gaze. Barbatos had a smug expression on his face.

"Ugh, you're so lucky. You have no idea how much I envy you!"

"Indeed, yes. I would have loved to have been able to accompany you as well."

Lucifer pinched the bridge of his nose.

"Listen, you two aren't hearing anything I'm saying."

"So, Lucifer, what did you bring back for us, hm?"

Diavolo then asked with sparkling eyes.

"Excuse me?"

Lucifer was surprised with his question.

"That decorative keychain strap you have attached to your D.D.D. there. I take it you brought that while you were up in the human realm?"

'Shit...'