Chapter 25: Even in hard times, life goes on

Author's Note:

Characters might be out of character sometimes.

This chapter includes swearing, and might have grammatical errors.

The bonus part is not part of the story.

«...» - wind elements
<...> - gods
"Italic"/ Italic - flash back/record/dream

Thank you and happy reading ❤️

. . . .

[ Cale's Room ]

Cale wanted to say no about the father and son duo staying in his room. But since he was the reason why those two switched bodies, he had no choice but to just accept it.

"Well then...I'm going to go ahead call this meeting an order. We'll be discussing how things are going to work now that Satan and I switched bodies."

Cale, who was sitting on his bed, had his arms crossed with a lazy expression on his face.

'Why are they here?'

Asmodeus and Mammon were comfortably laying and sitting on his bed. While the father and son duo were sitting on the chair, one had a stern expression and one had a frown on his face.

"Um, wait a minute. This is Satan talking, which means it's Lucifer inside. So then.... It's Lucifer speaking. Man, this is complicated. And annoyin'."

Mammon shared his sentiments.

"I hate looking at Lucifer, and I hate listening to him speak. But even when it's me I'm looking at, it still irritates me to hear him speak."

"Oh, but you're saying that it's a little better now that he looks different?"

Asmodeus tried to tease the angry Satan, but Satan shot him a death glare instead.

"It make sense that Cale is here because we're in Cale's room. But Mammon, Asmo, what exactly are you two doing here?"

Lucifer's gaze turned towards the two uninvited guests.

Asmodeus had a bright smile on his face, while Mammon was sweating bullets with a hint of redness on his ears.

"Um...well, ya see... The thing is, um..."

Mammon's chest was beating fast that he couldn't come up with a good excuse.

"Why do you two get to be in this room, watchin' Cale change and sleep, even the first thing in the mornin' while I don't! It ain't fair, I'm jealous as hell, and I wanna be in on this too, dammit! ...Is that what you're getting at?"

Asmodeus impersonated Mammon's tone.

"Hey! Stop impersonatin' me!"

Mammon's face instantly turned red and hissed at Asmodeus.

"Incidentally, I'm only here because it looked like it could become interesting..."

Asmodeus' expression didn't change. He still had that annoying smile on his face.

"Fine, whatever. Let's just ignore those two and continue our conversation."

Lucifer sighed as he turned his attention to Satan.

"There are two fundamental rules that must be adhered to: First, neither of us is allowed to go into each other's room unless the other is present. Second, we are to avoid doing anything that might attract attention while at school."

Cale scoffed as he listens to Lucifer's words.

Satan gave Lucifer a dirty look before putting a mocking smile on his face.