CHAPTER 4

Chiamaka explained everything to Mrs. Jennifer, who felt pathetic for her. Mrs. Jennifer, decided to help Chiamaka; so she drove the car straight to her house and when the car was droven into the house, chiamaka got dumbfounded. The house was not big but was well structured! Mrs. Jennifer is a lawyer and a mother of two graduates! She is married to a doctor, Mr. Gabriel, who works in a big hospital.

Mrs. Jennifer showed chiamaka to her room, later to the other rooms and passages in the house, so as not to get lost. She promised to enroll Chiamaka back in school in returns that the house should be kept orderly and clean. Chiamaka was glad because at least she would continue her education. She was just about to give up on life but she got a smile instead!

Days went by and soon, Chiamaka was enrolled into Charismartin International Schools. Her former classmates were all done with school and there she was in SS1, which stands for senior secondary class one. What a shame it was but even still, Chiamaka was glad!

On the 23rd of December, Mrs. Jennifer two sons returned home for Christmas. They were so excited when Chiamaka was introduced. Since the family had no female, Chiamaka filled the space. Christmas day came, Samuel the first son, bought Chiamaka a smartphone and a fancy wrist watch , while Evans, bought her a gown designed with silver stones. Chiamaka was asked to wear them for the night party the family had to attend, as Christmas party.

When Chiamaka walked down the stairs, everyone was staring and when they got to the party, eyes didn't go off. She looked so beautiful with her well shaped body and dimples.

That was Chiamaka best Christmas party ever since her parents.

2 years later, Chiamaka wrote her senior WAEC (West African Examinations Council) and came out with flying colors. She was recognized as one best student graduated from the school. Chiamaka had decided to learn a skill before she enters her university, because she do not wish to be a burden to the family. So for that reason, she did not apply for JAMB, (Joint Admission and Matriculations Board).

Mr. Gabriel said he was ill and had to stay back at home. At noon, while Chiamaka was in her room, listening to some Nigeria cool vibes songs, he called Chiamaka to go get him a glass of drinking water! And when Chiamaka returned, he started telling Chiamaka how he admired her, “You are so beautiful all way round! I really like you and I would like us to do things. I promise to make sure you finish your university and also will pay you every week!” And tried touching her.

Chiamaka could not believe those words we're coming out of a man, she considers her father. Just as she was about to walk out of the room, Mr. Gabriel rushed out of the bed and got a strong grab on Chiamaka. He pushed her to the bed and tried forcing her but she was too strong, so he began to slap her. His slaps were so hard that she bleed from her mouth but still she did not give up. He torn her clothes and just then, Chiamaka took a picture frame close to the bed and hit him hard. Then she ran out and locked herself in her room, leaving her torn top behind!

Mr Gabriel followed her to her room but found out it was locked. She tried to call but had exhausted her airtime and can not leave her room.

Chiamaka stayed in the room crying and later slept off. Mrs. Jennifer came back home at night as norms. Some minutes later, she heard Mrs. Jennifer knocking at her down; Chiamaka opened the door and without looking at Chiamaka's face, “Follow me to my room!” She orders in an angry tone and Chiamaka began to wonder why.

Chiamaka followed her and when they got to the room, Mrs. Jennifer closed the door and started shouting at Chiamaka, “So after all I have done for you, this is how you wish to repay me. For crying out loud are you not ashamed of your actions? Just because he is at home today, you then decided to show yourself by trying to seduce my husband or were you thinking he will not tell me?”

What did Mr. Gabriel tell his wife? Chiamaka was left dumbfounded! How was she going to defend herself as the real victim. Chiamaka tries to explain but got a slap. It made Chiamaka crying, letting go of the tears she held in. But Mrs. Jennifer did not mind and still showed how angry she was.

After all, Chiamaka ran to her room and did not come out through out the night, until it was dawn. She did her morning chores and prepared breastfast like she used to but Mrs. Jennifer asked her husband not to eat, instead she entered the kitchen and prepared something else for him. Chiamaka on the other hand got confused and could not believe what was really happening. Only if she knew what Mr. Gabriel said to his wife. And the thought of everything made Chiamaka cry uncontrollably. She felt dizzy from crying to much and passed out but Mrs. Jennifer did not bother to check or rush her to the hospital. Later, Chiamaka woke up, only to notice no one was home, they had left her there on the floor.

Afterwards, everyday became a living hell for Chiamaka! Mrs. Jennifer started maltreating Chiamaka more than how her aunt had treated her.

One night Mrs. Jennifer accused Chiamaka of stealing a huge amount of money, then threw her things out of the house. Chiamaka begged for a crime she never did but deaf ears was all that was given to her.

It was just 8:30pm and since her former home was not far, she took a cab, so as to go beg her uncle to accept her back.

She got to the house and knocked at the gate for about 25 minutes, when a passer-by informed her, the entire family had traveled out of the country. She felt her heart blocked and blood was not flowing through anymore.

AUTHORESS NOTE: Thanks love. 😙

Please, check out other books.