Chapter 58

Chiamaka had a dream, she was been chased by a strange man with a cutlass. He looked scary and dangerous, she couldn't help but ran as fast as she could. And while running, she got hit on the leg with a stone, it looked like the man was not the only one after her life and just when she got to the end of the road, she screamed and out of fear, she woke up real to notice the doctor checking on her pulse.

“Are you well?” The doctor asked with a smile on her face.

“Yes! Just a nightmare! I thought it was real though.” Chiamaka said, giving out a faint smile back.

Chiamaka looked around and noticed she was the only one with the doctor and it was morning too, because the sun flooded the room through the opened curtains.

“Where is my friend; the woman that brought me here?” Chiamaka asked looking furious and doctor smiled again.

“Calm down dear! She went out to freshen up and get something for you to eat!” The doctor said and arranged the drip pack well.

“Okay!” Chiamaka said and looked away, “Please, when can I go home? The hospital smell makes me feel sick!”

The doctor walked towards the door and turned back at Chiamaka, “ That's your pregnancy too, making feel like throwing up. But yet, you have to get better before leaving the hospital. Your baby's health right now is at risk and due to the stress you've been through for the  past few days, you lack nutrients and blood. You need to finish your treatments first or you wish to kill your baby?” The doctor asked and Chiamaka shook her head alittle, “Fine then, you need a bed rest so feel comfortable and try not to worry too much, it is not good for your health and that of your baby!” The doctor added before she walked out.

Chiamaka sighed and wished what the doctor said, was not all true but since the doctor already said it, she felt imprisoned. The hospital smell was bad and the smell of drugs turned her stomach every now and then.

After an hour time, the door was pushed open and Patricia walked in with bag.

“What is going on? Are we to travel from here?” Chiamaka asked and Patricia laughed.

“Travel indeed but to where?” Patricia questioned back and Chiamaka grinned.

“I don't know! I only asked because of your bags! Like we are traveling or going to live here!” Chiamaka jokely said and Patricia nodded.

“What if we are?” Chiamaka eyes widened.

“Are you kidding me?” Chiamaka frowned.

“No I am not! I have always wanted a child and since I lost my husband and can't have one, i will love so much to look after you.” Patricia said while dropping the bag.

Patricia's words weakened Chiamaka and her frown disappeared. She wished Patricia would have one too but how then was the game of Life for Patricia.

“Okay! But do not feed me too! I have hands!” Chiamaka said and Patricia almost fell down, laughing.

“Whatever! I brought you food! The doctor told me what you should eat for now! So i will have to stick with that!” Patricia stated and Chiamaka rolled her eyes.

“I am really going to hate my stay here! All for a child, I am now a prisoner!” Chiamaka said with her brows, furrowed.

“But not in a prison!” Patricia added and Chiamaka, almost laughed.

Patricia brought out a covered plastic plate, and handed it to Chiamaka. It was jellof rich!

“What about a drink to digest?” Chiamaka asked and Patricia gently knocked her on the head.

“Ouch, I was just joking!” Chiamaka yelled and the both ladies, began to laugh.

Patricia stopped and looked at Chiamaka with a bright smile.

“I am glad you are laughing! Finish up your food!” Patricia said.

Chiamaka almost let out her tears, she was excited and felt loved by a woman she barely knew, and prayed deep down that Patricia would not turn out to be a torn in her flesh just like Davis. Then the smell of drugs passed her nose! She frowned and hurriedly raised her food to her up, so she could only perceive the aroma of the food and not drugs.

AUTHORESS NOTE:
A very short chapter, right?