Complications

(Credit for chapter cover and OC Teka on the right to ackerbangbang on Twitter and Instagram)

~~~~~~~

"I CANNOT BELIEVE YOU SNUCK OUT OF THE HOUSE!" Endeavor bellowed to Ryoma while stood in the living room. His mother sat in a chair behind him just staring at the ground. The male sat with his eyes to the ground as he father glared down at him. "What could have possessed you to do that?! Shoto was already taken! You want to be next?"

"No, but I-"

"THEN WHY!?" He yelled once more. "Touya called me saying he couldn't find you. I'm already at the end of my sanity trying to find Shoto. Could you imagine the heart attack I had when he told me you were gone!?" Ryoma stayed quiet as his father quieted down and his face contorted to sadness. "Ryoma, what were you doing?"

The boy looked up at him and sighed. "You know Y/N has a brother right?" Endeavor nodded. "Well, apparently his quirk gives him an exceptional sense of smell and hearing. So I helped him travel and follow the scent with the motorcycle Touya gave me."

"Touya gave you a motorcycle?" Rei asked.

"Yeah."

"We'll discuss that later. What then?" Endeavor prompted.

"Griffin followed the scent a really long way."

"How long?" Rei asked again.

Ryoma froze in his speech when recalling the distance. He looked up at his parents who gave him an expecting look. "Shirakawa."

Rei covered her face with her as Endeavor's face contorted back to anger. "You boys traveled 10 HOURS!?"

"Yes." He said quietly in response. "I'm sorry."

"You-"

"Enji, just let him finish." Rei stopped her husband's outburst as he groaned. "What happened next?"

"Griffin found them." At his words their eyes widened in shock. "Griffin followed their scents to a part of the town underground. He wasn't able to pinpoint the entrance there because we had to leave."

"Why?" Enji asked.

"Well Griffin thinks we ran into the guy that took them."

"Ryoma, my god." Enji muttered putting his hands down. "I can't, I can't right now."

At that he left the room as Ryoma watched leaving him and his mother alone in the living room. Rei got up and pet Ryoma hair that had frozen to ice.

"Don't be too mad at him." She told her son.

Ryoma sighed softly. "I know he's worried, but he looks like he's reliving a nightmare."

"Well he is," Rei said sitting next to him. "when he was a child he lost his father when he tried to save a young girl. When he saw him he was burned to a crisp he said. You can't expect him to go through that pain again."

Ryoma stayed quiet at the thought, especially remembering what Griffin told him. "Barely alive." He whispered.

"Hm?"

"When we found where they were, Griffin said they're barely alive." Ryoma said in a whisper while choking g back tears. "I know where he is mom, but we couldn't get them."

As tears fell, Rei took him in her arms and held him tight. "I know, we'll get him back, don't worry." Suddenly the doorbell rang. "Let me go get that." She kissed his head and left his side before walking towards the door.

Rei opened the door as her eyes widened in shock.

"Teka?!" She exclaimed.

The woman with red lava hair stood there with a stern look on her face.