Charcot-Wilbrand

~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~

"Alright Midoriya," the doctor whispered kindly. "your mouth seems to be healing properly. I'll let it heal a bit more, then tomorrow we'll have a speech therapist come by to help with your speech." The boy nodded as the doctor reapplied the bandage around his mouth and set down some medicine to take before leaving the room.

Inko sat by his bed and watched Izuku, who stared into space. There wasn't a thought behind his eyes. The mother didn't know what to say to her child. It'll be okay? Everything will be normal now? They can just go home now. She looked up at her son staring into nothing. The bags under his eyes were so prominent. Lord knows how much sleep they allowed any of you in that dungeon.

"Izuku, sweetheart go to sleep." Inko said holding his hand.

The boy looked at her hands with an empty gaze. He never took the time to realize how delicate his mother's hands were. They looked so fragile and soft, yet there was something stern about her grasp. The hands of someone desperately holding on. Holding to what little was left. Izuku looked at the pleading look in his mother's eyes, before he shook his head. I can't sleep. He signed.

Inko sighed softly. Assuming her son was scared. "Oh, well you'll be okay. There's security everywhere so no one will hurt you."

Izuku's gaze softened at her assumption as he shook his head again. I physically can't sleep.

Inko looked at him confused. It was then that Hizashi was led back into the room by a nurse and sat on his bed. As she left Inko glance to the man whose eyes were numbed. Even much more than all of yours. Over a decade in hell could do that she supposed.

"Hizashi."

The man coughed slightly and nodded at his wife. "Yes my love?"

"Izuku said he physically can't sleep. What does he mean by that?"

Hizashi gazed at her sadly then sighed as he adjusted himself on the bed. "The people in the lab have skewed our sleep habits. They've effectively made us nocturnal." Her eyes widened as she looked at Izuku. "We only sleep in the day, and only for about 30 minutes maybe an hour sometimes."

"H-how did they do that?"

He shrugged his shoulders. "I wish I could tell you how they did a third of the things they did. I wish I could tell you how they took me. However," he reached over stroked Izuku's head softly. "those answers evade me."

~~~~~~~

Teka stood in the hall scrolling through her phone while tapping her foot impatiently. Fuyumi, Ryoma and Natsuo laid asleep in the room as Shoto sat up still wide awake while watching TV. Rei stayed awake keeping conversation to distract Shoto from his thoughts.

He had been sitting quiet in his room since you all were brought back. Conversation didn't last and any questions they asked about his time were responded with a painful silence.