Chapter 21: Cavalry Battle

.
.
.
"START!!"

Two teams were already targeting us once the battle start. Before we could react, the ground got soften and force our team to sink into it.

"We're sinking! It must be that kid's quirk!"

"Ish.. Everyone, hold on tight. We're about to fly!"

"Eh?! "

I used my wind quirk to free us from the soften ground and fly in the air. With the helps of Uraraka's quirk, it become easier to float in midair.

"They're floating?! After them!"

Jirou tried to attack us but dark shadow, which is part of Tokoyami's quirk, managed to counter the attack.

"Good work, dark shadow. Always watch over our blind spot."

"Aye aye!!"

Their interaction kinda remind me of someone. But who?

"Tokoyami, you are just the defensive bulwark we were lacking.. too cool, bro! Your quirk is more than enough to defend us from all directions, and at a distance at that! I can't praise you enough, Tokoyami!"

"You're the one who picked me for this, Midoriya."

I was in my own world before I heard Midoriya's calling for me.

"Boboiboy, do you plan to float in mid air until the time is up? Won't that will exhausted you?"

"Well, I'm not sure yet. Uraraka, you still okay?"

"Y-Yeah. I'm still okay."

"Alright. I guess for now, we can stay in the midair but I think sooner or later, there will be a team that will bring us back to the ground. So we better be careful."

They all nodded and aware of our surrounding while watching the battle below us. Suddenly, I saw a few purple ball were thrown towards us.

"Whirling wind!"

I used my wind to send the balls back to the attacker. The others also paid their attention to the attacker. All we saw is Shoji alone and no one else.

Wait... why does Shoji look like he is carrying something on his back?

Then, we saw him. Mineta. The purple sticky ball attack just now was all his doing. Shoji was covering him like a shield. Tsuyu was also in there. She tried to attack our team with her quirk but missed.

After a surprise attack, came another surprise attack. Bakugo used explosions to fly and attack our team while in midair. Or I can say he was targeting Midoriya.

"Tokoyami!"

"Dark Shadow!"

"Wind shield!"

Luckily, Tokoyami was able to block Bakugo's explosion by using Dark Shadow as a shield. I supported Dark shadow with my wind shield. However, the explosion made a very strong pressure until we have no choice but to land.

"Seven minutes have passed. So let's put their scores up on the big board for all to see!"

Wait... huh?

"Whoa, damn?!?! Wait just one gosh darn second! You mean class A aren't taking it by a mile... well, apart from Midoriya of course. And holey moley, Bakugo, what happened?!"

It looks like Bakugo's team's headband had been taken by other class's team. If I'm not wrong, it was Monoma's team. Lucky for us since Bakugo started targeting Monoma's team instead of our team.

Now that I realised. The other class's teams weren't actually targeting our team. So, it will make things a bit easier for us. And I think Midoriya had the same thought as mine.