Chapter 24: Help Him, Midoriya!

.
.
.
"Where are you going Midoriya?"

"I'm going to prep room to prepare for my match. But I was planning to check on Uraraka on the way."

"If so, then I'm coming too. I also want to know how is she after the match."

Midoriya and I went to the infirmary to check on Uraraka. We met Bakugo on our way.

"Woah, Kacchan.."

"Hey Bakugo!"

"Yeah, what do you want? Looking to die?" He asked while glaring towards us.

Really? Did the people who always meet him before, want to die or something?

"No, I mean, I'm up next, so I'm headed to the prep room and congrats on your win."

"Yeah. And we were going to check on Uraraka on the way. So, see ya. And congrats!"

Just as I thought he won't say anything else, Bakugo spoke.

"..... You suggested that, didn't you? That freaking self-sacrificing scheme of hers. You caused me a lot of trouble out there." Bakugo claimed.

"I didn't. All of it, Uraraka came up with everything, just to beat you. So if it really was a lot of trouble for you, that was Uraraka messing with you."

Pfft-. For some reason, I found it funny but of course, I wouldn't show it in front of Bakugo. I still want to live you know. Even without memories.

After a long walk, we finally arrived at the infirmary.

"Guess I lost."

That was the first thing she got to say when she saw us? Really, Uraraka?

"I got carried away at the end when I thought I could actually win..."

"Are you hurt, Uraraka?"

"I'm good. Well, I'm healing bit by bit, so my stamina doesn't get drained. Just these little scrapes left. But darn it! Bakugo's just too strong! Guess I just gotta try harder next time."

She's more positive than I thought, or is she just acting?

Suddenly, we could hear the match between Kirishima and Tetsutetsu from the speaker.

"Kirishima has won! We now have our full lineup for the second round! With that said, let's get right to it!!"

Well, guess it's time for Midoriya's match... against Todoroki...

"Already?!"

"Sorry! You wasted all your prep time talking to me! Good luck out there. I'm rooting for ya."

Midoriya went out of the room and I guess I should do the same thing. I noticed she got a call from someone but she decided to talk to us. I better gave her some space. She's still need time to calm herself.

I decided to meet Midoriya before his match started but I didn't expect he has company. I hide behind the wall while listening to their conversation. I know eavesdropping is bad but-

"My boy, Shoto. He has a duty to surpass Allmight. His match against you will prove a valuable test. So give it your all. Put up a good fight against him. That's all I have to say. Sorry for my bluntness."

"I'm not Allmight."

"Well of course you're n-"

"And Todoroki isn't you!"

I smiled while leaving that place before the hero noticed I was eavesdropping their conversation. That's all I needed to hear before Midoriya's and Todoroki's match.