《 Chapter 1: Shattered 》

A/N: Art by WolfFang012 once again! This is how she looks like, including her new upgrades to her roller skates and gloves, especially with special new power coming from her bangs, which will be further explained throughout the chapters. BTW, her voice is acted by the famous Mae Whitman.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sonic and Gwen falls back through a dark cloud. Eggman appeared as tiny lights.

"One day I'll destroy those two hedgehogs, and the world will be a brighter place for it, lit by neon."

Tails appears next with the same tiny lights as Eggman.

"As long as I'm around, you'll always have a wingman! And Gwen, I will be a man you always see me as!"

Amy appears after Tails.

"The forest is the most beautiful place on earth."

Knuckles comes next and punches his fists.

"I don't need the details, just tell me who to smash. And uh, Gwen, uh... y-you're the amazing person I've ever met."

Rouge appears last.

"You may not like the way I do things, but I get things done! Say Gwen, wanna go for a date sometime?"

Amy appears again.

"Hey, I may be the one who can bring everyone together, but there's only two hedgehogs they'll follow into battle."

Tails appears again, flying with his twin tails.

"Heh heh! I don't need an army when I've got friends like you, Sonic and Gwen."

"I will rule the world, and no rodents are going to stop me." Eggman's voice echoed.

"We'd follow you anywhere, Sonic and Gwen." Amy's voice echoed.

"Nothing could break our friendship, Sonic and Gwen." Tails' voice echoed.

Sonic and Gwen floats into whiteness.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Smog appears. On a street, jagged blue volts flash. A glowing ball expands then bursts. It leaves Sonic and Gwen on all fours in the street. Sparks zap around Sonic's shoes and Gwen's bangs as her hair was glowing until it fades off to her original black. Sonic stands up with a groan and places a hand on his head. Gwen gets up with a groan as she shakes her head out of her dizziness.

"That's a sonic boom of a headache."

"Ditto."

Sonic and Gwen starts walking in the city.

"Where... are we?" Gwen asked, looking around.

A light hits the hedgehog siblings with a honking sound. They turned and screamed as a truck slams into Sonic while Gwen manages to act and jumps onto the truck as she hangs on. Sonic hangs onto  the front grill. Gwen helps him up and they climb on top of the truck for them to see the view of the city.

"Uh..."

A train passes over and Sonic and Gwen quickly ducks.

"Close one."

The truck turns and Sonic and Gwen falls off onto the moving sidewalk. The sidewalk turns and Sonic falls off that and Gwen quickly jumps off of it. A robot broom catches Sonic and spins him around as he cries out. It then sweeps him into the wall. Gwen catches up to him in speed and helps him up.