《 Chapter 10: There's No ARRGH in "Team" 》

On the ocean of No Place, Eggforcers on submarine fires on Dread's ship. Gwen and Sonic dives behind crates.

"You know these scallywags?" Dread asked, ducking from the lasers.

"Yes and no. Short version, they're after the Shard too." Sonic explained.

"What he said." Gwen said.

"You mean the Devil's Lighthouse. Let 'em have it! I already told you, I want nothing to do with it."

The Eggforcers turn and Gwen notices and leaps and grabs Dread in bridal style, getting him away from the shot. They look up at the cracked main mast and it falls back.

"By order of the Chaos Council, surrender or be destroyed." Rusty demanded.

"Rusty, this isn't New Yoke City." Sonic said, coming to his sister's aid. "Come on, let's talk this through."

"Quiet, hedgehog. I am addressing the captain."

Batten pointed at Gwen.

"She be the captain!"

Gwen blushes and glances away. Rusty didn't expect that.

"Gwen is the captain? How surprising, but also very expected."

"How did you get here?" Gwen demanded as the crew joins in with her.

"The tides of war have changed. And as for how I am here, all of the Shatterverse is now the Council's for the taking."

Gwen's eyes widens and comes to realization as she knew exactly how they managed to travel.

"Nine..."

"Last chance: surrender or sink." Rusty ordered, putting her thumbs down on her last sentence.

Batten turns to Gwen.

"What's the plan, Cap'n? Hang 'em from the yardarm, send 'em down to Davey Jones, cleave them to their biscuits?"

Gwen could tell what they mean by that and rather not know.

"Um... well..."

Rusty doesn't wait for her answer, growing impatient.

"Fire."

The Eggforcers fires lasers and Gwen and the crew falls back across the deck.

"The Angel's Voyage is holding up surprisingly well." Sonic commented.

"Aye, she's stronger than she looks." Sails said.

Dread picks up the hat and places it on Gwen's head.

"You gonna do something, Cap'n?"

Gwen glares with determination.

"Yeah. Ready the cannons!"

"Aye, Cap'n!" Rose saluted.

"On it!"

The crew brings out the cannons and aims it at the Eggforcers. Big helps bring in the cannonballs for them to fire.

"All hands, to arms!"

The crew starts firing as flames blew from the cannons onboard the ship. The lasers that the Eggforcers were shooting hits the cannons as they exploded. Some of the cannons hit the Eggforcers and on the submarine, leaving some burn marks or small dents. Rusty glares and extends her legs towards Dread's ship. She lands and Rose, Batten, and Sails draws their sword and starts attacking her. Rusty dodges them and disarms them, taking the sword from Sails. Dread, Big, and Sonic keeps firing the cannonballs. Gwen lands in front of Rusty, who glares at her and readies her sword.