《 Chapter 4: Escape from New Yoke 》

~ Before Prism Shatter ~

In Green Hill, Gwen, Tails, Knuckles, Amy, and Rouge are fighting the Badniks up on the mountain where the cave is.

"Where's Sonic?" Knuckles questioned, punching the bots away. "How long does it take to collect rings? I thought we were doing this together."

Amy hammers away the bot.

"Sure would be nice if he'd stick to the plan."

She hammers the caterpillar robot, but another knocks her back and crawls toward her. Someone knocks it away and Rouge throws it.

"Tell me about it. No gem is worth me losing my wings."

Rouge kicks away two Badniks. A small device zaps another one and flies in a circle as Tails controls it.

"Don't worry, guys, Sonic will show. I know he will." he said as he zaps more Badniks. "I just hope it's in time."

Gwen roller skates away from the Badniks before jumping off the rock wall and sending a powerful kick using her ruby as they went flying.

"He better be quick. It's unlikely of him to be late. And he should've listened."

On the ground, Sonic spots explosions on top of the mountain where the Gwen and others are fighting.

"Oh, no. My friends. My sister."

Sonic turns to Shadow.

"Look, Shadow, I'm late for—"

Shadow cuts him off by punching him in the face.

"Learn to focus." he said.

Three blue Flickies fly around Sonic's head when he suddenly gasps at something behind Shadow.

"Oh, no! Eggman!"

Shadow turns around.

"Huh?"

But Sonic spins and knocks him into rocks before running off through Green Hill.

"Hate to hit and run, but I gotta split, Shadow."

Sonic picks up some rings on the way to his friends and his sister on the mountain. Rocks and cliffs shake as the rocks that fell on Shadow go flying. His fists tight as Shadow glares ahead before shaking his head with a low growl. He speeds toward the mountain and zooms past Big and Froggy, causing Big to fall on his butt.

"Whoa... uh... Shadow?" Big questioned, looking to where he had gone.

Shadow passes the smoking crater and follows the crack up the mountain. He spins and smashes through rocks on the way as he skates.

"I hope I'm not too late to save Gwen..."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Now in the Chaos Council, Rusty holds Gwen against the wall as Gwen struggles to get out of her grasp.

"Terminate."

Rusty throws her robot fist, but suddenly stops short on Gwen's face just a few inches away and jerks. Rusty starts glitching as her red eye flickers to yellow then back to red. Behind her, Nine looks relieved and types at her computer screen. An image of her turns green.

"Now paired."

Nine smiles and adjusts a pistol device and aims it at Rusty. A light in one robot eye changes from red to yellow.

"New admin privileges, colon, backslash, backslash, affirmative, now paired."

"A-Amy...? Are you... you?" Gwen asked.