《 Chapter 12: Battle in the Boscage 》

Sonic and Gwen bursts through a portal from the sky and spins down into the wooden decks of Boscage. Their gloves, shoes, and clothes changes into Boscage jungle ones. They run after the Mothership that's flying ahead of them.

"Oh, no." Sonic said.

"We better do this fast." Gwen said, which Sonic nodded in agreement.

"We won't let you down, Shadow." he declared.

"And that's a promise. Together, we're gonna fix this." she added with determination, pulling out her grass sword.

Sonic and Gwen spin dashes as the Mothership flies away through a portal. They go down through the canopy as Sonic slides down vines, jumps, and flips then spins down to the grass and runs. Gwen grabs onto the vines and swings and swings to the other like Tarzan before sliding down with the help of the earth she summoned. She lands and looks around before whistling. She waits as she looks around. Her ears twitches and she looks to see the bushes rustling. Then, a familiar black blur jumps out of the bush and tackles onto Gwen. It was T'Challa who licks her face.

"Okay, okay, stop! I know. It's great to see you again." Gwen laughed, lightly pushing him off.

T'Challa gets off of her and kneels down for her to jump onto his back. Then, Gwen rides off with her black panther to catch up with Sonic. Later, they later stopped and watched the Eggforcers cut down trees.

"And I thought gardening was supposed to be relaxing." Sonic commented.

"No kidding." Gwen said, surprising him to see T'Challa.

"Hey, bud." Sonic waved.

T'Challa huffed in reply before growling at the Eggforcers. Gwen nodded at her black panther and the two took off. T'Challa rushes towards the Eggforcer with Gwen raising her grass sword. Once they're close, T'Challa bites off its legs while Gwen slashes its head off. Sonic grabs another Eggforcer and swings it against the tree. Two more Eggforcers comes behind him when he spin dashes them away as they slam into a thick vine.

"Hey!" Gwen shouted.

Another shoots beams at Gwen and T'Challa as they dodged them and pounced it down. Gwen stabs its face.

"So if the Chaos Council's still looking for the shard, that means they haven't found it yet!" Sonic said with relief.

"Good thing for us, we have a pretty good idea where it is." Gwen said with a smile.

"You know it, sis."

Sonic jumps onto a tree branch and looks down. T'Challa jumps and climbs up to the same branch he's in and looks down as well. Gwen looks and gasps in horror.

"The trees!"

"What have they done?" Sonic gasped.

Eggforcers are cutting down more trees with chopper bots scanning.

"They're destroying the forest! They're home!" Gwen exclaimed.

T'Challa whimpers to see his home being cut down. She quickly comforts him and pats his head.

"Looking for the Shards is one thing, but why all this needless destruction?" Sonic questioned.

"This is Eggman we're talking about. He wouldn't hesitate to destroy anything that are in his way until he gets what he wants." Gwen explained.

Sonic jumps down and bashes into some Eggforcers while T'Challa pounces onto some others and tears off its limbs with his fangs and claws while Gwen slices them off in half with her grass sword.

"We need to find the Boscage Gang." Sonic said.

Gwen nodded and urged her black panther to get moving as they run off through the jungle. They run up the tree as Sonic runs down and swings around the branch while T'Challa jumps onto each branch he could land on with Gwen riding him. Sonic slides down a vine and jumps to another and swings above the canopy. Gwen summons her whip and lassoes onto the branch and swings herself and T'Challa above the canopy as well. They run up the bare tree and stopped on the branch to look down. They see Prim, Hangry, Gnarly, Mangey, and Thorn.