《 Chapter 8: It Takes One to No Place 》

A portal opens in the cloud and Gwen falls through it.

"Here we go again! Where to now?!"

She tumbles through a blue sky as she passes through the clouds and sees a big blue area, which she recognizes it.

"Great! Water!"

Gwen makes a diving position and takes a deep breath as she lands into the water with a big splash. She swims up to the surface with a gasp and looks around.

"Sonic? Sonic? Where did my brother go now? I know he hates water, but he can't drown now right after I came."

Suddenly, she heard a scream and turns to see an island nearby with Sonic in it and he's being chased by three familiar people she knows well.

"Seriously? Again?" she sighed, rolling her eyes. "I'm coming, brother."

Gwen starts swimming towards the island when she suddenly finds herself floating. She looks down and notices a change of her clothes changes to a pirate outfit and her boots somehow makes a wave as if she's surfing. Smiling, she starts moving towards the island with the help of the wave. She does a few flips and moves before landing on the sand of the island as the waves died down as soon as her boots hits the land. Gwen sees Sonic by the edge with the bat, the pink hedgehog, and the fox surrounding him.

"Boy, it sure feels good to a pirate, don't it?"

"Oi!"

"Leave him to the brisket!"

Sonic gasps in horror. Gwen moves her hand to grab her weapon when she notices the water makes a move. Confused, she moves her hand again and it moves as well. Getting the idea, Gwen quickly jumps up to the palm tree till she's on top and jumps and lands in front of Sonic, surprising the three. Gwen turns around and strikes down the three pirates with her waterbending, then hits them with her water whip while taking away their swords. The bat, the pink hedgehog, and the fox falls to the ground as Gwen and Sonic jumps down in front of them. Gwen holds both her arms out, bringing out the stream of water. The three looks at her power in shock. After a few moments, she sends a forceful steam of water at them, transforming the stream into a flurry of ice daggers midway through her attack. The three flinches and closes their eyes, preparing to be hit. When they didn't feel harmed, they look up to see the ice daggers floating in midair.

"Why are you attacking my brother?" Gwen demanded, glaring at them.

The three gasps at seeing her and points.

"You're Emeraldas!"

"What?"

Gwen's expression softens and she allows for the daggers to liquefy and drop to the ground. The three gets up and surrounds her.

"Can it be her?"

"It can't be."

"Our captain will never believe what we found."

"Uh, what's going on?" Sonic asked.

The three looks at Sonic then to Gwen.

"You know, he's too fast to be part of the old crew. And now we found the one that captain's been missing." the fox said.

"Listen, I am not a part of any crew you're looking for. In fact, me and sis lost our crew. It's a bit of a sore spot actually."

"I'll give you a sore spot, alright?" the bat threatened, pointing her sword at him.

Gwen quickly acts by disarming the bat with her own sword as the bat's sword went flying in the air. The three were surprised at her move as Gwen swings her sword, which also changes to the similar sword the pirates wield.