《 Chapter 14: No Way Out 》

Gwen's eyes open, glowing a bright white, and she frowns angrily. She jumps into the water and Dread and his crew, including Sonic looks over the railing as bubbles pops up on the surface. Gwen steadies herself in the water and begins swiveling around, a waterspout forming around her. She rockets upward and erupts from the surface, riding a humongous spinning water vortex.

The Kraken is being overshadowed by the waterspout with Gwen atop the vortex as she hovers above them. Dread looks up in horror as Gwen lands, summoning the water behind her. She brings her hands around behind her head. The water swirls around her, forming a protective circle, before spreading outward, knocking Dread and the crew, including Rusty, off their feet. Dread falls over the edge and shouts in surprise as he lands into the water while the crew falls on their back. Sonic looks up in awe at such power his sister wields as she lands in front of him before collapsing in exhaustion. Sonic comes over to her aid and helps her up, still holding onto the Shard.

"You alright? That's some big water you brought." he asked.

"I'm fine. Really need that." she assured him, smiling and then glaring at the crew.

The crew gets up and flinches at Gwen's intimidating glare as Dread swims up to the Kraken and lands on the deck. Gwen pushes Sonic behind her.

"Dread, what are you doing? This wasn't part of the plan!" he said.

Dread shakes himself off from the water and glares at Sonic.

"The plan's changed when you deserted us."

Before he could attack, Gwen summons a water as they spin around herself and Sonic.

"Touch him and you're dead, Dread." she threatened.

Dread flinches and backs away. Sonic looks at him in disbelief.

"Deserted you? Wait, is that why you're all so mad? Dread, tell them! I was coming right back."

"Yeah, and you said that we can handle this! Does it ring a bell, traitor?!" Gwen added harshly.

"Not how it looked to us." Black Rose glared, pointing a gun at him.

"How dare you?!" Gwen shouted, making her falter.

"You know what? That stings." Sonic frowned. "Especially since I'm standing right here, proving that I did come back!"

"He makes a good point." Batten said.

"See?! Now you believe him?!" Gwen pointed out.

"Look, I'm not a traitor, but right now, me and sis need to take this shard and get— Hey!"

Dread cuts Sonic off and jumps over the water and tries to slam his sword onto him when he zooms away.

"More lies!" Dread glared.

"More like more of your own lies!!" Gwen glared back, kicking him away.

Sonic dodges the crew's hits.

"Respect. My. Boundaries!"

He stops by the door of the tower as Gwen lands besides him.

"I expected Dread to take this hard, but what's with the rest of you?"

"You're a lousy traitor who abandoned your crew in battle!" Sails accused.

"HE DIDN'T ABANDON YOU, YOU FOOLS!! CAN'T YOU SEE THAT?!!" Gwen yelled, shaking the ocean with her waterbending and nearly making the crew fall off.

The crew stares at Gwen in shock and at each other, thinking. Gwen is willing to protect her brother, no matter what.

"Dread told me to get the Shard, and he w—" Sonic started.