《 Chapter 9: It Takes One to No Place Pt. 2 》

Seagulls squawking can be heard. The fox dozes on a hammock. Batten sleeps hanging upside down from the wrench bar. Rose sleeps at the foot of some steps. Sonic sleeps lying on the deck. He wakes up with a yawn and stands up.

"That was a late night." he commented, walking unsteadily to the edge of the deck.

He stretches and looks down at the sea. He nearly falls at the sight of the water if he hadn't caught himself up on time.

"Whoa! I'm awake!"

Sonic steps back and then spot a Loop-de-Loop underwater.

"Ah, there it is, Green Hill. Just like all the other places."

The ship sails on. He spots Dread and Gwen standing by the cannon, looking ahead. Sonic joins them and his expression drops.

"Water... That stuff's the worst, am I right?"

Dread says nothing while Gwen just rolls her eyes.

"So, what's the plan, Captain D? Where are we headed?" Sonic asked.

"We aren't." Dread replied.

Sonic and Gwen look at him funny.

"Huh?"

"Say again?"

Dread wraps his arm around Gwen and makes her turn towards the crew as Sonic follows his sight.

"Look around you. We need to take it easy and enjoy the day."

The fox flies up to the edge of the deck, holding the bucket before dumping out water onto the sea.

"Just like we do every day." he sighed.

"This calls for a song!"

Dread fires more confetti from the cannon. Gwen is so confused as Dread stands on the Barrett Rose and Batten are holding and starts singing.

🎵 Oh, this be a tale of salt and sea

Sonic cuts him off, stopping the song.

"Another party? Didn't we kind of do that last night?"

"Yeah, even the whole dancing?" Gwen added.

"Relax! Have a sea dog. Let your cares sail off into the sunset."

The fox hands Sonic and Gwen both sea dogs, using his mechanical hand tail. Sonic takes it while Gwen politely declines.

"It's first thing in the morning." Sonic pointed out.

"Close enough. Now, where was I? Oh, yes."

🎵 Oh, this be a tale of salt and sea

"No! No, sorry, Dread. But we're not in the mood for another party. It's kinda like a waste of our time." Gwen said, slightly glaring at him.

"She's right. I love kicking back as much as the next hedgehog, but we have places to be and people to see."

Sonic eats a sea dog and gulps.

"We need to get outta here, and to do that we need to find a Shard."

Dread stops singing and taps his foot on the barrel to get the girls to put him down. The fox approaches them.

"What be a 'Shard'?"

"It's like a rock that glows and is full of magic." Gwen said.

This causes the crew, including Dread to gasp.

"Whoa!"

Dread frowns, which Gwen notices and gets concerned.

"That sounds like the stone from the Incident!" Batten said excitedly.