《 Chapter 11: Avoid the Void 》

"What did you do?" Shadow's voice echoed in the darkness.

"Be careful. Sonic, wait!" Tails' voice echoed with concern.

"SONIC!!!" Gwen and her friends screamed out.

In explosion, Sonic and Gwen flies back through the dark purple void. Shadow appears after and sees them.

"Sonic." Shadow glared before getting concerned. "Gwen!"

He flies towards them when Tails appears next with the tiny lights.

"As long as I'm around, you'll always have a wingman! And Gwen, I will be a man you always see me as!"

Shadow flies past him and skates on rocks as Amy appears after Tails.

"The forest is the most beautiful place on earth."

Knuckles comes next and punches his fists.

"I don't need the details, just tell me who to smash. And uh, Gwen, uh... y-you're the amazing person I've ever met."

Rouge appears last as Shadow teleports a few times to go faster.

"You may not like the way I do things, but I get things done! Say Gwen, wanna go for a date sometime?"

Amy appears again.

"I may be the one who can bring everyone together, but there's only two hedgehogs they'll follow into battle."

Shadow follows Sonic and Gwen to a red gateway as they fall through. Shadow pushes against the white light, trying to get through as he struggled. It throws him back and he hits the rock and loses his grip on the Chaos Emerald. It falls into darkness. Shadow crashes on another rock and holds his head in pain. He looks at his hands and his eyes widens.

"The Chaos Emerald!" he gasped.

Shadow looks around then flies at the red gateway again. He punches it. Flashbacks to New Yoke City appears as Sonic struggles with his speed and then looks down at his shoes that sparks.

"My shoes!" Sonic gasped.

Gwen's eyes widens to see the strand of her hair bangs glowing red.

"That's... new." she said, touching her hair.

Nine turns to them with devices in his hands.

"Attach these." he said as he attached grey rings on Sonic and Gwen's gloves and shoes. "This energy is still a mystery."

Shadow keeps punching. At Chaos Council headquarters, Council watches Sonic inside the hamster ball with Gwen watching in horror. Shadow stops punching as the hamster ball emerges through the gateway. He watches Sonic trialing blue and purple streaks just like what he saw in his vision. Glaring, he flies at the ball.

"Sonic, it's broken. It's all broken." Shadow said.

Gwen starts to glow brighter as electricity sparks around her until she yells at the top of her lungs.

"STOP!!!!"

A shockwave bursts out through headquarters and the void with Gwen's electricity power from her outburst. In New Yoke City, the shockwave throws back Knucks and Rebel. In the void, Shadow lands on a rock and looks at the yellow gateway.

At headquarters, Sonic touches the red shard and gets sucked in. Gwen struggles to take the shard from Nine and accidentally touches it and gets sucked in as well. The hedgehog siblings crosses the void to a green gateway. In the ball, Sonic and Gwen faces Shadow.