《 Chapter 17: Cracking Down 》

"Stop right there, varmints!" Done It ordered.

"I hate this place!" Sonic and Gwen said in unison, glaring at the Council.

Mr. Doctor Eggman angrily points at them.

"Destroy them!"

Eggforcers fly at Sonic, Gwen, and Nine. Sonic and Gwen spins and knocks them at the Council. Nine types the password as he got in.

"Thanks for stopping by." Sonic winked as the doors closes in front of the Council.

"I've locked the Chaos Council out of the system, but it won't last long." Nine informed them.

"Don't tell me we're trapped in here?" Sonic asked in exasperation.

"Are you kidding?" Gwen raised her eyebrow, as if stating the obvious.

"This is all going according to my plan." Nine said, finishing her sentence.

Suddenly, they heard a loud thud and turned to see Babble's bot outside of the broken window.

"I'll get you!" Babble said.

He then fires his rattle. Sonic, Gwen, and Nine dodge it.

"Did you plan for that?" Sonic questioned to the rattle.

"That? No." Nine deadpanned.

Babble fires at Sonic. Gwen activates a shield from her ruby and blocks his attack. Sonic grabs Gwen and runs to the shard case. The two pushes it with Nine on top as the doors open. They speed through them and more doors open. Sonic, Gwen, and Nine start down the stairwell.

"Stop! The Council thinks we're going down..."

Nine takes out a regulator ring that Sonic and Gwen wears. The trio lean over to the edge.

"...but we are taking a different path."

Nine drops down the stairwell.

"Nice one." Gwen smiled.

"Oh, things are finally coming together. We've got the Shards. We can finally fix everything!" Sonic said happily.

"It's going to be perfect!" Nine added, looking happy.

Just then, an army of Eggforcers fly down the stairwell. Behind the grate on the landing, Sonic, Gwen, and Nine stand with the case in the tunnel. Gwen notices the light beneath them.

"Why aren't they powering down?" she asked.

"Yeah, we have the Shards!" Sonic said.

"Residual prism energy stored in the Mothership. They're not powering down any time soon." Nine explained.

In a large room, two Eggforcers stand guard in front of the Shatterdrive. Nine takes off another grate and steps in. He sees his craft and the guards. Sonic and Gwen watches Nine creep behind on his tails. Nine jumps on top of the Shatterdrive and goes to the front and zaps the guards.

"Nine, you are full of surprises." Sonic smiled.

"If you like surprises, wait 'til you see what I've got going on in the Grim." Nine said, taking out the blue shard and bringing it to his craft.

"Grim?" Gwen questioned.

"Cool, can't wait to hear more! But right now we gotta get to Ghost Hill." Sonic said.

"Ghost Hill?" Nine asked as he connected the shard.

"Yeah! It's just like the real deal, plus it's got a fourth Shard and this blueprint 'thingy'." Sonic explained.