27

Sophia knew how she and Freddie were trying to make it work. She knew that they had Scarlett together and a baby on the way. But she knew how complicated and messy it all was.

She knew that they had a child together. And Scarlett meant everything to both of them. She knew that their new baby would mean everything to them.

Sophia knew how close she had come to losing the baby. And she hated it. She felt like she had failed. But thankfully the baby was okay.

All she knew was that everything was somehow sorting itself out. She just hoped it would be okay.

When she woke, she heard Madison downstairs. She grabbed her dressing gown and picked up Scarlett.

She walked into the kitchen only to see Warren Fox standing there in his boxers while Madison had his shirt on. "Oh wow. What's going on?" She asked.

Madison smiled. "Nothing. I just had a sleepover. Just with no sleep."

"And where's Esmè?" Sophia asked.

"She's with her father. Don't worry. I wouldn't spend the night having sex while my daughter was here," Madison said.

Sophia smiled. "I know you wouldn't. Is everything okay?" She asked.

Madison nodded. "Yeah. I'll be right back. I think I need to get dressed."

Madison walked off upstairs. Sophia turned to warren. "So. You're here instead of being at the garage?" She asked.

Warren smirked. "I can tell you don't like me. But at the end of the day, I care about Madison. And Esmè. I won't hurt either of them."

Sophia nodded. "Good. Because even though Madi is older than me, if you hurt her. I will cause you unbearable pain to the point where you will question your existence," she told him.

"Noted."

***
Sophia walked into the garage and saw Ziggy. She smiled to him. "Hey Zig. Where's Freddie?" She asked.

"He's taken Esmè to get an ice cream. I've text him and told him to bring one for Scarlett too."

Sophia nodded. She looked to him. "How do you feel? Now it's over with Madison?"

Ziggy shrugged and smiled. "I'm happy that we're not faking it anymore. I'm happy with Tegan. But I miss her sometimes. She gave me one thing I never thought I'd have. Esmè. And I love her. But it wasn't working. We were both making each other miserable," he said.

"I get that."

Freddie walked in and smiled. "Hello. Didn't think I'd see you today. Are you okay?" He asked.

Sophia nodded. She smiled. "Wanted to see you. And Scarlett did too."

Freddie put Esmè down and handed his daughter the ice cream he had bought her. Sophia looked to him. "Can we talk?"

Freddie nodded. "Zig. You okay to watch Scar?"

"Go ahead."

***
Freddie and Sophia were walking through the village. Sophia looked to him. "So I've been thinking. Maybe you and I could take it slow? I don't think I can take you back just like that. But we could take it slow," she said.

Freddie looked to her. He smiled and nodded. "I'd like that. I won't hurt you. Or let you down again. I promise," he told her.

Sophia smiled slightly and nodded. She knew she had her doubts. But could she overcome them for the sake of her future with Freddie?