CHAPTER-10

Alex's P.O.V

There was a comfortable silence in the car

There was a comfortable silence in the car. With Ethans grandma sitting in the back, half dozing off and him sitting on the passenger seat right next to me I couldn't ask for more. I needed him close to me to keep me sane. I kept smiling thinking about our future. From the corner of my eyes Ethan looked at me and gave me a weird look. Why wouldn't he?. I'm smiling for no reason. Oh and did I forget to mention that Ethans grandma told me to call her mama. That was the moment I wanted to burst out and I was even ready to release the men in my cell whom I tortured for weeks.

The ringing of a phone brought me back to reality. The caller's number was saved as Andrew. Who the hell is he? And why is he calling Ethan?

"Hello...oh hey Andrew what's up" Ethan said picking up the phone.

Andrew?who's he. I slowed down the car, trying to hear their conversation. What is going on?

"No........oh what is it.......where..........yeah this weekend seems okay...okay I'll be there....yeah...bye" he said hanging up.

I couldn't control my curiosity so I aksed him with my jaw clenched.

"Who's Andrew?" I asked controlling my anger. My tone sounded so jealous. Why wouldn't it.

He looked at me and shook his head saying "oh he works at the café with me"

"Why was he calling you" it was getting harder for me to control my anger and it was showing in my tone. I could feel my vein popping out of my neck.

Ethan seemed to notice and started fidgeting with his fingers.

"He said he wan-wanted to ta-talk to me" he said.

Talk to him. About what? Guess I need to find out.

"Abou what" I really wanted to know. Mama was completely asleep by now in the car.

"I don't know he Just asked me to come and meet him" he said shrugging his shoulders. Before he could say anything else I fired another question at him.

"Where?" I asked.

"Why are you so Interested?" He snapped. My anger was now at the peak and I increased the speed of the car.

Ethan clutched the seat to balance himself. "Alex can you please slow down the car" he said.

"Where?" I asked him again with pressure.

I didn't know I was going too fast until I heard a small scream from the backseat. I immediately halted the car and saw that we had reached the hospital.

"What happened" mama asked while taking deep breaths. I heard Ethan releasing a breath.

Was I driving too fast? I do that all the time even when I go for missions I overtake sometimes and stop only when there's cops chasing us to slow down.