4

Jackson PoV

Valerie makes her way to Ben and I'd jointed offices a plops down at his desk.

"Yes Chief?" She asks and he moves to close the door.

"What the hell is wrong with you?" He asks glaring at his younger sister.

"Do you still have apples?" She asks standing up and walking over to the cabinet.

"Andrews pay attention!" Ben growls and she shrugs as she grabs an apple and takes a bite.

"Needs salt." She mumbles as she searches for a salt dispenser.

I roll my eyes and grab it for her. She huffs and takes it, not giving Ben a second glance.

"Andrews!" He growls, slamming his hand down.

She turns to him and bats her eyelashes, "Yes sir?"

"Do you not understand the severity of the situation?" He asks in a low tone.

"Uhhhh, I saved a little kid's life?" She questions and shrugs, "I say good call."

"It worked out this time, under the grace of God it worked. That's not gonna happen if you disobey my orders again." He says in that same low tone.

"Understood? Am I free to go?" She asks and he rolls his eyes.

"I'm not even giving her a choice." He says turning to me.

"Which one?"

"She's getting wrote up and put on chores for 2 weeks." He says and I nod.

"JAMESON!" Ben calls and Levi comes in.

"Yes Chief?" He asks uncomfortably.

"Write her up." Ben orders and Levi nods.

"Andrews your dismissed." Ben sighs and Levi stands uncomfortably.

"Get a hold on your squad, Lieutenant." Ben orders and I roll my eyes.

"Yes sir."

"Levi?" I question and he turns to me.

"You know, It's been how many years since Ava died?" I ask and he bites his lip.

"Four."

"You're into Valerie Andrews aren't ya?" I ask and Ben's eyes go wide.

I hold my hand up at Ben and he bites his lip staring at Levi.

"Well, umm."  He looks and Ben uncomfortably and Ben throws his hand up.

"Talk about how hot my little sister is. I'm just the guy that raised her!" He gag's walking out.

Levi stares in silence and raises an eyebrow.

"How you think she knows everyone? Every single time that girl got in-trouble Alayna, Ben's wife, brought her here. So she was here a lot. She's even still legally married to Drake. That ships sailed and they've both moved on."

"Wow." He mutters and I roll my eyes.

"Take her on a date, bring Gabby here and see if they get along." I suggest and he looks down.

"I don't know if Gabby will like her." He sighs and I roll my eyes.

"Just test it out."  I suggest and he nods, closing his eyes for a moment.

"Is it that obvious?" He chuckles and I nod.

"I can see it in your eyes."

Levi PoV