6

Levi PoV

We drive back to the station after a rough call. Nobody got in-trouble this time, mostly because Jackson was pissed and we didn't want to risk facing his wrath.

We pulled into the station and my phone started ringing.

Greene Elementary

I reluctantly answer and hear that my daughter is in major trouble, and suspended, for flipping her fourth grade teacher off and telling her that she would stab her.

Once I hung up I walked to the Chief's office.

"I need to go get Gabby." I sigh and he raises an eyebrow, "She flipped her teacher off and told the teacher she'd stab her."

Ben nods but stops me, "Take the truck incase we get a call."

I groan and turn.

"Harper! Andrews!" I call and they both look at me, "You two get to ride."

They both jump up and glare at one another as we go to the truck.

We drive to the school in silence and I tell them to stay in the truck.

I walk into the office and find Gabby sitting down with a scowl on her face.

"Sit up and drop the attitude. Now." I order and she immediately complies once hearing my tone.

I go talk to her principal and she gives me the gist of things along with her week long suspension and month of detention after that.

I walk out her office and grab Gabby's arm, "You're apologizing. Up, now."

The two of us walk back towards the classroom and I knock on the door.

Her teacher walks out and looks at me, giving me a soft smile.

"Feeling calm?" She asks Gabby politely and Gabby rollsher eyes.

"Still feeling bitchy?"

"Gabriella Jane." I warn and she throws her head back.

She snaps her head up and bats her eyelashes, "Oh Mrs Wilkins, I'm terribly sorry I flipped you off and told you I'd stab you."

Her teacher stands in shock.

I bend down and place my mouth by Gabby's ear, "Unless you'd like me to spank you right here, I suggest you apologize the correct way."

She tenses up and looks down, "Look her in the eye."

My radio blares and I pull it to my ear.

Structural Fire, 157 Greene Drive.

"Can she stay?" I ask quickly and her teacher nods, "One remark Gabby!"

I quickly run out the school and jump in the truck as Andrews quickly drives.

"What happened?" Drake asks and I roll my eyes.

"I'm about to bust her ass." Was my only response as we pulled to the scene.

"Where's the fire?" I ask as I see Chief walking out.

I climb out the truck and run over.

"Just a Mom who can't cook and caught something on fire. Fire Alarms alerted us." He smiles as he walked over and put the fire extinguisher away, "Where's Gabby?"

"At the school. I gotta go back and get her, bring her back to the firehouse, then bust her ass and have her do chores the rest of the night." I sigh and  he shakes his head.

"I dread the day my kid starts getting in trouble." He chuckles shaking his head, "Valerie was enough to give me grey hair."

"We good?" I ask and he nods.

Suddenly a flame burst out the window and a scream is heard from inside.

"Turn the hose on!" I order the two before running into the house.

The woman is knocked over and trying to get up.

I grab and pull her up, "Can you walk?"

She hesitantly nods, and proceeds to tell me she's home alone.

I sigh and help her out, giving Andrews and Harper the signal to start putting the fire out.

I carry the woman to Bracy and Daniels, lowering her onto the gurney. The two paramedics quickly pulled her into the rig and I shut it, hitting the back twice.

We quickly finish up and leave, my squad once more going to the school.

It took no genius to notice the soot and ash all over my uniform as I took my hat off and made my way to the classroom.

I knock on the door and Gabby answers, giving me a smile before wrapping her arms around me.

I kiss the top of her head and her teacher smiles at me, "She gave me a sincere apology and helped me with classroom chores."

"Thank you, and I can assure you this behavior will never happen again and I'll make sure of that, won't I Gabriella?"

"Chores all night at the firehouse. Yay." She mumbled and I laugh, clapping her on the shoulder.

"Oh daughter of mine, you've got so much more than that."

With that we left and Gabby wraps her arms around her stomach.

"What's wrong?" I ask and she looks down.

"Please don't use your belt." She pleads and I nod.

"I don't believe in using the belt unless you've severely screwed up, like dangerous, life threatening, or criminal."

She lets out a breath of relief as I kiss the top of her head and lead her to truck.

She climbs in and sits beside Valerie who raises an eyebrow at her.

"You want me to have Drake's mom bring Daniel so you have someone to hang out with?" She asks and Gabby shakes her head.

Valerie nods as we go towards the firehouse and Gabby tenses up.

We pull into the station and I turn to Gabby, "You have 10 minutes to grab a snack, use the restroom, get some water, whatever you need. Then I want you in my office."

"Yes sir." She whispered before walking off.

I made way to my office and opened a drawer, staring at the small ping pong paddle.

I shook my head and shut the drawer, deciding my hand would be enough.

After 5 minutes someone walks in, and to my shock it was Valerie.

"She's helping Ben with something right now and I told her to wait until you called for her cause I need to talk to you." She announces and I nod.

"What's up?"

"Don't be mad at her." She says quickly and I groan.

"What'd she do?" I ask quickly, rethinking my decision on the paddle.

"I was asking her what happened and she told me the truth and how bad she feels, but she accidentally let you're little secret slip along the way." She explains looking down.

"Oh."

"Do you wanna talk about this after or now?" She asks quietly and I think for a moment.

"Now, Im gonna be in here for the next two hours if there isn't a call just holding her. She's clingy after she gets in trouble." I sigh and she nods.

"Look, I'm not gonna lie and tell you I'm not attracted to you when I am, but I don't do the whole fling type thing. I've already got a kid and so do you." She says quickly and I bite my lip.

"I don't do flings either. So with that being said can I take you out to dinner tomorrow night?" I ask scratching the back of my head.

"Pick me up at 6." She says curtly before waking out.

How the hell did my daughter get me a date?