05: Away from the spotlight

__________________________

Don't forget to comment and vote if you enjoy!
__________________________

🐰

I stand in front of a large building, my head is bent backwards as I look up the many levels.

I look down again, looking at my phone and rechecking if I am the right place.

This building seems expensive, but after all, this person must still be rich from his best days and what if all that has happened haven't been as tough on him as on someone else I know?

I walk closer to the entrance, searching through all the buttons to find the name I was looking for.

Bingo, I think as my eyes find the name after searching almost every other.

I push the button, waiting for the door in front of me to open. It must be some kind of door bell, right?

But instead I make a jump as a voice sounds from near where I pushed the button.

"Who is this?"

I find the speaker where the sound is coming from and spot a camera a bit above it.

Can he see me?

I straighten up and clear my throat, "Hi, is this Kim Namjoon?"

"Speaking." The speaker simply replies.

"Hi, I'm Y/n. I'm a news reporter." I lie. I have to be undercover, I cannot tell him I looked him up on the internet and that actually I'm from the future and am here to save a former friend of his, and that I need his help.

"What does a news reporter want from me? And where's your stuff?"

I look up at the camera I suppose he's looking at me through, gulping down.

Maybe I should've thought this a bit more through before proceeding with my undone plan.

I fold out my arms as I don't have anything on me that would indicate that I'm a news reporter. However, I grab my phone and show it to the camera, forcing a smile to make me seem somewhat credible, and kind.

A sigh is heard through the speaker—or maybe more like a grunt.

"Are you sure you're not a fan or an anti?"

I almost choke on my own spit as he asks. Maybe I don't look like a real news reporter, but this guy must be clever anyway because I know that a lot of people would invite in a news reporter any time—anything for a bit of screen time and spotlight, right?

"Please don't seek me out or pay me any visits. I'm a private person and I don't appreciate it. Have a nice day."

The green light that I haven't even noticed is on until now turns off and the doors stay closed.

"Wait!" I yell, but there's no reply.

"Shit!" I curse under my breath.

How am I going to bring BTS back together if I can't even approach the supposed leader?

I thought coming as a news reporter and journalist would be an easy way of getting to talk to him, but seems it's not.

But I can't give up and I won't. This is my job and I cannot give up.

I push the button again and the small glass bubble next to Kim Namjoon's name turns green.

"Aish, it's still you?"