15: Not my choice

__________________________

Don't forget to comment and vote if you enjoy!
__________________________

🐰

It's day 11 of being here in 2027. It's almost been two weeks since I came here which is crazy. It's such a long time and I should probably start working a bit faster. The time moves equally fast in 2109 and 2027. 11 days is a long time and my coworkers may start to get worried, but they can't do anything about it.

The only way to go back is when the light on the traveler watch turns green when you've completed my mission—or if it turns red and you've fucked up, but I've never seen that happen before. My team leader at TravelTen, Dohyun, will get the signal on his computer and he will then get me home within 24 hours, the time depends on whether it's working hours or not. I have no control over when I get sent back, but my watch starts beeping about 10 minutes before I'll be going, so I can get somewhere where no one will see me.

I don't want to worry my co-workers, but I'm sure they trust that I know what I'm doing. Still, I should really hurry up with finishing this mission, but... I don't know if I want to hurry anymore.

"Is something wrong?" Jimin's voice pulls me out of my thoughts and I look up from the table where my food has just arrived in front of me.

But I have to differentiate my work and personal life. I can't succumb to my feelings and rewrite the whole time line by staying here. I should've never gotten my feelings involved in this case. So, here I am, with the last member I have to convince.

I force a smile as I look Jimin in the eyes, "No, everything is fine." I lie.

When I went looking for Jimin, he was not in the hospital anymore. It relieved me that he got out, but also disappointed me as I had to go looking for him then. But it wasn't that hard as the receptionist at the hospital bluntly shared with me, where Jimin lived. To be honest, it didn't even surprise me as I've come to learn that privacy is something you can shove up your own ass here in 2027.

I never got to his home however I walked past him on his street. I approached him immediately and even though he said he had plans, it wasn't hard to convince him to grab a quick lunch with me after I mentioned Jungkook.

Jimin and Jungkook are still friends and I don't think I need to convince Jimin much, but I want to let him know about the plan too. And even though I shouldn't be, I am interested in his story as well.

"So you're Jungkook's friend." Jimin says after taking a sip of his drink and placing it on the table.

It sounds more like a statement and something he's telling himself than like a question, so I don't answer. Jimin tilts his head and a frown accompanies the hair falling over his forehead.

"I've heard about a girl, but he didn't mention any name."

My stomach does a flip as Jimin says that Jungkook has talked about me. I want to know what Jungkook said, but I pull myself out of it. I shouldn't let my feelings interfere for any longer and I choose to stay silent again.

Jimin starts playing with the food on his plate and I do too, starting to eat. I look over at Jimin and see the unpleased expression on his face as he takes a bite of his sandwich. It makes me lose my appetite as I feel a sadness clench my heart.

"So, why did you want to talk to me?" Jimin says and puts his sandwich down after a long time of debating whether or not to take a bite.

"Right," I say and shift in my seat, sitting up straight, "Since your Jungkook's friend too, I don't think I need to explain much..." Jimin hums and leans back in his chair. He runs a hand through his hair and I can't help but admire his handsome features for a moment.