16: Them

__________________________

Don't forget to comment and vote if you enjoy!
__________________________

🐰

Earlier today I wasn't really sure of what today would bring and what I would bring today.

I need to finish my mission, so maybe I should text Hoseok and tell him to text Yoongi, visit Namjoon or eat lunch at the restaurant Jin works at.

My mission was not done yet, my watch would be beeping so I still had things to work out, but really I didn't feel like it.

This morning when I woke up, I knew what I was supposed to do, but I didn't want to.

As unprofessional as it seems, I don't want to go back. I want to stay here.

I've only known Jungkook for 12 days, but he's dug a deep hole in my heart that only he fits in. In my 25 years of living, I've never felt this attached to a person.

At first I was sure it was something I was only imagining. The butterflies, the tickles, the happiness he brought me, the sadness that his sadness provoked. I thought it was something I made up because really I'm fucking lonely as well.

I've never had a boyfriend. I've had a best friend, but it turned out to be one sided. My parents are amazing, but I moved out at a young age, feeling the need to have my own space. I'm not good with people, I'm better by myself.

But with Jungkook, I feel comfortable, happy, serene and secure. It feels as when I'm in my home, I'm alone, but with someone.

As time have passed by and I felt my mission closing in, I've slowly realized that it's not something I'm imagining.

I like Jungkook.

I think he likes me too.

And I hate myself for it. I despise myself for all of it.

For falling for Jungkook, knowing I'll have to return to my cold and lonely home and for letting Jungkook fall for me, knowing that I'll have to leave him, because I can't stay.

I've been taught about this, have had meetings on the topic and lessons about what could happen if something like this happened. Because I'm not the first case.

We don't have many female travelers at TravelTen and there's one reason for that, women feel.

There's been multiple cases in which a female traveler has turned a blind eye to their mission, wanting to stay with their client, live a normal life in another time zone, forgetting all about their past and just be with the one they love. But it always turned out the same. Their light turned red, their mission failed and when they arrived back in the time they came from, they were fired and fined for risking to change the history.

I never thought I would become like those women. I'm better by myself, I don't like most people and most people don't like me. That's also why I'm one of the most trusted women travelers in TravelTen. I'm reliable, determined and professional. The company trusts me a lot, which again makes me pissed off that they got me a team leader that sent me off to a mission with the wrong informations.

However, we all surprise ourselves every now and then and not everything will go as planned, even though I was pretty confident in my abilities.

I've ended up exactly like those girls.

Jungkook has swept my feet from beneath me and I don't want to ever stand up again.

But my wants are insignificant in this case. If I choose to stay with Jungkook, I'll maybe have a few more weeks with him, but some time I will be pulled away and sent back to 2109. I have no say in this and it suffocates me to know that.