12: Ditto

__________________________

Don't forget to comment and vote if you enjoy!
__________________________

🐰

It's getting dark, the sun is setting and the day is slowly coming to an end.

But my day is not over just yet.

Jungkook texted me earlier. He wanted to bring me somewhere.

I didn't know where, but I could really use a distraction from the disappointment of my conversation with Yoongi.

It's only been a few hours since I left the alley in which Yoongi's 'secret' music studio is, but I haven't stopped thinking about our encounter once.

He seemed so certain in his words and confident in his decision.

I've thinking of a plan to convince him, but nothing came up and nothing has been able to push away the discouraging voices that keeps crashing my mind.

I'm worried. He didn't seem to budge even the slightest, even when I mentioned how Jungkook wasn't doing well.

I've tried forgetting about the whole incident and get some rest, just for a while. Maybe that would bring me new ideas and a new and bettered courage. But nothing could keep me from thinking of my failed mission.

It just sucks and I'm really bothered that Yoongi didn't cave in.

"Y/n?" A deep voice sounds and I look up into Jungkook's eyes.

"Hm?" I hum as a question.

"Is everything okay?" He asks.

I detach my eyes from his and look around us before lowering my eyes to the ground, there isn't really much to look at around us besides bodies anyway.

"Do you not like it here? Should we go?" Jungkook asks and I look up at him again.

I see how his brows are scrunched slightly and his lips parted as he awaits my answer. He almost looks worried.

My heart softens, studying his expression. I take a deep breath and pull myself together before putting a smile on my face, "No. I really want to experience this." I reply.

I look around us again, again not seeing much other than bodies and a stage way ahead of us. But what else can I expect when we're standing in the middle of a fan crowd waiting for a concert to start.

"Are you sure?" Jungkook asks and puts a hand on my shoulder. It's warm and it almost feels illegal for it to touch me.

I look at the hand shortly, before looking up at him, "I am. It's gonna be fun, right?" I reassure him.

"Right, I hope you like their music." Jungkook laughs a little.

He didn't believe me when I said that I've never heard of NewJeans before. Apparently they are the world's most popular girl Kpop group right now. But then again, I know nothing about that.

I acknowledge that it seems a bit weird that I don't know them, given that I'm Korean and that I am supposed to be from here, but I'm not. I'm not from this time. I don't know much about Kpop. And clearly I don't know any groups.

But I couldn't just lie when Jungkook told me he got tickets for one of their concerts. In spite of how weird it would be, I couldn't lie about that—even though I'm a professional at exactly that. I mean it would be impossible to pretend as if I knew NewJeans when I not only don't know their names and lyrics, but also can't even hum along to the melodies. Besides I think the fact that I'm clueless about the group is consistent with my ignorance about BTS.