Part 3: Honkai

Narrator POV

Enkidu's day was a bit... strange... as they started to communicate more with the wolf... and was invited to learn to hunt if they were to be staying with the wolf.

"Kid, see that rabbit over there?" Said the wolf while moving their head towards what seemed to be a white blur that was feeding off a small patch of grass.

A bit irritated but remaining composed at being called a kid... while in a way it was true but they used to be an adult...
"I do" They said to the wolf. Even if the rabbit was small, fast and camouflaged with the snow at about 50 meters away... they were still able to discern it and even vaguely feel it's precense... perks of being Enkidu...

"That is our hunt" said the wolf...

But that only brought bad memories to them as they were reminded of the innocent squirrels...'I have to... kill again?... I don't... want to do it... '

And as the wolf seemed to connect the dots with the smell of squirrel's blood, and the hesitation and shock from just knowing they will have to kill that rabbit.

'The kid... doesnt like to kill... but needs to learn that everything has it's time to die... and it's time to live... even if they caused that death, death is natural...' Thought the wolf.

"Kid."

"...yes?"

"Killing an animal for food is natural... my kind kills them, that animal feeds on the herbs that grow from the soil... and when we die our bodies go back to the earth... it is the cycle of life... so dont feel asamed of killing them. If it makes you feel better think of it as helping it since this winter makes these kind of animals starve to death... in an enviroment like this, death is natural."

Being slightly shocked at the intuition of the wolf... but the words were true. They only nodded in response.

"I will go get it kid... follow me from behind if you can. And pay attention to how I move... even if we are of a diferent species it doesn't mean we can't use the same tactics."

"Okay" And now their introverted side was surfacing once more... the wolf talked too much and they didnt know what to say.

And then the wolf set of running, while it was fast Enkidu could easily stay behind them, and noticed how the wolf was going to a direction different from were the rabbit was facing... and ran straight at it and took a bite at the neck that killed the rabbit making it go limp in their jaw.

Setting down the rabbit and sitting down the wolf talked once more.

"The best point to strike is at the neck and try to step on the softest snow to avoid making any noise, and try going towards them when they are facing back... for you I would say your mouth is too small and narrow... try using your long limbs to crush part of the neck."

"I got it..." They said slightly overwhelmed... who would say a wolf is teaching them to hunt...

. . .

. . .

It had been a whole week living with the wolf.

They soon got the trick of capturing a rabbit by the neck, and later twisting it... and while speed was never a problem... they didn't need to eat... and preferred not to eat a raw rabbit.